GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I guess I have to update my screen name!

Drove up to Leesburg today and there was a new '06 airbag model that kept whispering in my ear: "Buy ME!, Buy ME!".

The color? Red, of course. I've heard that's the fastest color, right? :D

The 80 mile ride home was a pleasure with a wide smile the whole way.

Only had one small Florida shower and several Lovebugs to deal with...

Have a great weekend; I know I will!!! :D :D

Lance

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Lance,

Welcome to the group of OWNERS. :D

The grin will take many, many months to diminish. :) Then, just when you think you are used to it, the grin will strike again. :D

CONGRATS! :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Firm Member
3,159 Posts
Good on you. Now just don't test out the airbag option. We are all wondering how a real life experience will result, but don't let anyone talk you into being a test subject.

Enjoy your new ride.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Congrats!

Wanna ride Sunday, as in tomorrow...a few of us are leaving the 'Flying J' at Hwy. 52/I-75 at 8:3Oam., taking back roads to Daytona Beach for lunch.

Join us!

·
Chard Member
12,963 Posts
Congrats on the new scoot! :) Try to keep your mouth shut when smiling right now. It is love bug season and they taste real nasty! LOL...

Enjoy!

·
Are we there yet?
2,344 Posts
futurewinger wrote:
I've heard that's the fastest color, right?
Did the wing tell you that too?

Congrats

·
Registered
57 Posts
Congrats !!

I made a simliar journey last month and have loved it. .... Be sure to notify your bank that the activity on your account will increase substantially as you really make her yours ;-)

Brian

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Congratulations on the new purchase !

You actually DID buy the fastest color (all iterations of Red). I believe your wing didn't whisper that to ya tho, I think the OTHER colors told ya. :biker:

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Themobb said:
Only had one small Florida shower and several Lovebugs to deal with...
Speaking of Love Bugs, my riding buddy and I left Port St. Lucie FL this morning and rode to Sebring FL (93 miles). By the time we got to Sebring every inch of our windshields were covered with Love Bug remains. There must have been millions out there today. No way that I could have rode at night with them covering my shield.

We tried stopping on side of the road to grab some drinks out of the cooler, we were both covered by these bugs, they were every where.

In 4 hours of riding, we stopped 3 times to wash the bugs off our windshields. Once I got home, it was garden hose time with plenty of soap. I ain't riding West until this bug thing is over with. I'm staying along the beaches instead. You could have made a sci-fi movie today.

A good thing that my buddy's neighbor opted out at the last minute. He would have rode his brand new HD Soft tail with no shield and no helmet, if it wasn't for his wife wanting to do something around the home.

Congrats your your new wing!

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I hear ya on the lovebug issue.

I went for a ride with the wife last night. Got rained on and lovebug'ed again.

No biggie, except bike needs a wash job.

What I can't understand is all the Harley's we passed with no helmet, no windscreen, no nothin'!

They must have been well welted by the time they got home :shock:

Stay safe,

Lance

1 - 13 of 13 Posts