GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have a SENA 20 Evo or a 30k, this station will make charging and firmware upgrades easy. It automatically upgraded my 20EVO's firmware.

Attachments

·
Registered
21,020 Posts
So what kind of affect did the firmware upgrades have ? My 20S EVO is a little over 2 years old and has never been upgraded.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@cycledude

You'll keep any settings and you FM/AM channels, but you "OS" will be brought current.

SENA upgrades their firmware about every six months. With this station, you just put it in the cradle and forget about when the updates come.

Really convenient.

Reactions: cycledude

·
Registered
712 Posts
You can also download the Sena Device Manager software to your computer, connect your headset to a usb port on
your computer, and run the Sena Device Manager software. It will update your headset to the latest software and
allow you to turn on or turn off various settings in your headset. I check mine every couple months and sometimes
there's an update available and sometimes there isn't. Occasionally, a member of this forum will post about the
availability of an update for Sena headsets.

https://www.sena.com/support/software

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
I as well as a good friend of mine Larry (greyhound) BOTH have the older Sena 10's.. Will this set up or download help us in any way??
How much better are the 20's or 30's then the older 10'S....

I don't use mine for music, Only telephone calls and talking to another bike while riding.. and this is only for one other bike'r (greyhound)

I've had my 10 for approx 3-4 seasons, so it's not as reliable or work as well as it should....Plus my jog wheel just keep turning, and I can't keep it at the perfect volume...

I called Sena about it BUT they will not help case it's too old.. (they told me :crying:)

Ronnie
Would it be worth my time and money ,to purchase the newest and greatest model, if I really don't use it as much???

Ronnie

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@Captron
@greyhound

Sorry guys, per SENA:
The WiFi Docking Station will automatically or manually update your 30K and 20S EVO with our most recent and top of the line firmware in a language of your choice.

I've watched SENA take over several of my Seattle area MC dealers.

With the introduction last year of the 30K, you should be able to score good deals on the 20S or the 20S EVO. Seeing the EVOs on Amazon for $219.95.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I as well as a good friend of mine Larry (greyhound) BOTH have the older Sena 10's.. Will this set up or download help us in any way??
How much better are the 20's or 30's then the older 10'S....

I don't use mine for music, Only telephone calls and talking to another bike while riding.. and this is only for one other bike'r (greyhound)

I've had my 10 for approx 3-4 seasons, so it's not as reliable or work as well as it should....Plus my jog wheel just keep turning, and I can't keep it at the perfect volume...

I called Sena about it BUT they will not help case it's too old.. (they told me :crying:)

Ronnie
Would it be worth my time and money ,to purchase the newest and greatest model, if I really don't use it as much???

Ronnie
For that Jog Wheel, Try taking a kite string and Force it around the inside loop of the Wheel. That should provide a bit of friction to keep it from free wheeling. You may want to keep both ends sticking out a bit at the 2 o'clock position so you can remove it if you need to.

·
Registered
21,020 Posts
$69.95 in most places
Might look into buying just a docking station at the Minneapolis International Motorcycle Show in February, in the past they have had some pretty nice discounts on Sena stuff during the show.

As far as the updates actually helping anything that would be interesting see, in my case I’m betting nothing will change other than some wasted money. I would love to hear from some folks that actually noticed any significant changes.

·
Registered
16,972 Posts
Does the dock hold two transceivers or just one? Is it a "smart" charge system so we could just leave the units plugged in?

prs

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Does the dock hold two transceivers or just one? Is it a "smart" charge system so we could just leave the units plugged in?

prs
Charges one at a time. I don't know about the "smart" charging.

·
Registered
16,972 Posts
I think I will stay with dual USB charger that tapers off and stops charging once the device is fully charged. Othewise there could be some fire hazzard and/or shortened battery life. I do see some need for software/firmware updates and hopefully these will address the annoyance of having to stop and re-boot whenever signal source is lost. The hoops we have to jump thorugh to get the devices to pair each and every ride is also annoying. The problem may be on the motorcycle end, but wouldn't it be good for the Sena units to be dominate so that any time one or both are on, it is automatically paired and ready to serve?

prs

1 - 13 of 13 Posts