GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sure liked the old board better. I used to check it several times a day - this is like work now. It was so easy to follow the flow of the postings - now I don't even know where to start anymore. It's a shame. I really appreciated what Hal and LaMonster had done before. Is there a tutorial somewhere on this board? :cry:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
I didn't like old one at all. No it easy follow the discussions and add new ones. Earlier I was mostly in gl1800.org, now I go allways here first and only if I have extra time to gl1800.org.

Thanks guys for nice forum !! 8) 8) 8)

Ok, someones like mother the other one dauther....

-Rauno
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,417 Posts
Andy,
I am not very smart, but I do get along with a computer quite well. If you send me your phone #, I would be happy to call you on a weekend (free for me $) and walk you through it.

The board is very easy to get around. I think that some folks are intimidated by the newness, and also, are afraid that they might screw up their computer. Can't happen.

I am a very patient man with these kind of things and I am willing to go slow and a little at a time. Too much information at one time is just as bad as no information at all. We can work at your comfort level.

Bulldog
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
I'm with you Andy but...

maybe they will fix it as time goes on. Example; someone posts a picture and it covers the responce below and many other bugs. I also came here several times a day to check on things. Now, couple of times a week, it's way to much work and I can't tell what the hell is going on.
Dan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,738 Posts
Dan...

...can tell from that pic that you are working much too hard at following this board!!!! Actually, I have trouble understanding why it is being so hard for some folks. Perhaps it is their computer. I just click the "View new Posts since last visit" and can scan they very quickly. At least for me, I can scan or view all the posts in much faster than the old board, and I love the features.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Re: Dan...

wingnutzz said:
...can tell from that pic that you are working much too hard at following this board!!!! Actually, I have trouble understanding why it is being so hard for some folks. Perhaps it is their computer. I just click the "View new Posts since last visit" and can scan they very quickly. At least for me, I can scan or view all the posts in much faster than the old board, and I love the features.
Just wanted to further emphasize the use of "view new posts since last visit".........makes use of this site a real pleasure ! ! !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Actually the picture show how tired I am from trying to follow this board, oooh the humanity. Must be time for a nap, where's my blankie.
Dan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,214 Posts
Re: I'm with you Andy but...

TexVetDan said:
maybe they will fix it as time goes on. Example; someone posts a picture and it covers the responce below and many other bugs. I also came here several times a day to check on things. Now, couple of times a week, it's way to much work and I can't tell what the hell is going on.
Dan
"... it covers the responce below and many other bugs."

Hmmm. Are you using Netscape? I seems to me that a lot of sites are no longer supporting the Netscape browser and are only concerned with Internet Explorer (OR... my Netscape 4.79 is getting too far out of date :D)

Anyway, very large images do tend to blow out the right side of the screen but your comment regarding 'covering the response below' makes me wonder if you are using Netscape which has real problems with sites the are optimized for IE. I'm still using Netscape for my e-mail but now am doing most of my web browsing with IE. (If you can't beat 'em, join 'em) :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,243 Posts
this bbs is way easier to use.

clik on the "new posts since last visit " and it is all right in front of you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Hey Andy, where did you go, I'm taking all the heat here. Oh well at least the moderator is going to let me take number 1. Always wanted to be #1. Actually thanks for the help, I was running on Netscape. It's much better now on Explorer.
Dan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
979 Posts
New Board

:D To me the new board is much faster easier to manage and lots of great features, not to hard to figure out but as with anything it takes a little time. I really like the new board. :yes2: :clap2: :s27: :s27: :s27: :sw1: :sw1: :sw1:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,214 Posts
Re: New Board

Winger11 said:
:D To me the new board is much faster easier to manage and lots of great features, not to hard to figure out but as with anything it takes a little time. I really like the new board. :yes2: :clap2: :s27: :s27: :s27: :sw1: :sw1: :sw1:
Only a "Three Wing" rating? Hmmm... I would think that it would be higher than that.

BTW, are you using the zero to four Wing rating system, or the zero to five Wing rating system?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,628 Posts
LaMonster said:
TexVetDan said:
Actually the picture show how tired I am from trying to follow this board, oooh the humanity. Must be time for a nap, where's my blankie.
Dan
:duck:
Actually, LaMont didn't finish his post. The new manager in the complaint department is Helen Waite. So, pick a number and go to Helen Waite. :a13:
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top