GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
$$$$$$$$$$$$????????????:shrug:

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Our opinion, the wife & I. You want a flip front to smoke a cigarette & to put a helmet on without removing your glasses. Other than that, you have in closed 99% of the time, and you need 18 vents in it. That helmet only appeared to have 1 vent on top.

Herb

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Actually, this helmet has possibilities. I'd have to check out it's wieght and how the wind affects it, but that looks like pretty nice.

·
Registered
281 Posts
That's more than I'll pay for a helmet. I have two helmets, flip and open. I didn't pay that much for both of them.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
I have two concerns with the helmet as i am in the market for one. One is a head seat mayhave to be clamped onto the side which is not what i am looking for, the nolan 103 has the intigrated system

The second concern is the weight, with a stainless steal clasp or whatever this would make the helmet quite heavy. i like the warranty as well

The amount for it is a very small price to pay to keep your brains in the bucket

·
Registered
326 Posts
i like the flip down sun visor. nice helmet. wonder how much a replacement shield costs?

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Where can I try one on?:shrug:

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
This is for the above poster who thinks the Nolan 103 integrated system is good. You may want to do some research into that system. The ones I have found, are not real happy with the volume in the headset.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
It is a good looking helmet but, and I quote,

it weighs a hefty 1928 grams (4 lbs., 4.0 oz.), which makes it the 105th heaviest helmet out of 107 helmets we've weighed.

I don't know why they can't make a good light weight full face helmet?

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
But the Nolan 103 is 4.05.....:shrug:

·
Registered
627 Posts
Looks nice and much cheaper than my Aria, I wish I could find one locally to try on for correct sizing. I wear an XL in the Aria Classic.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
My Honda dealer has this helemt in stock. Very nice. The fit was also good. Don't think any speakers will fit with out some triming on the inside of helemt. When I get my check from B.O. I'll buy one.
greg

·
Registered
361 Posts
Two local dealers have them that I have seen.
Nice features but dang they are heavy.
Keeping my Multitech.

·
Registered
19,441 Posts
ATDRS your Shoei is a better helmet

·
Registered
55 Posts
What is MOST appealing in this new helmet is that the chinbar rotates around the top of the helmet and stops at the rear, tucked very close to the helmet itself. You can then ride with, in effect, a 3/4 helmet, with the sun shade either up or down. That's got to be a real plus, being able to change, depending on riding conditions - heat, wind, rain, etc. With the Multitec and all other modular helmets, the chin bar only rotates to a big lump above the top of your forehead. And, you're not "supposed" to ride with the chinbar in the up position, anyway.
Not starting a war - just 'sayin..........

·
Registered
627 Posts
I ordered mine today, will let you know how it is when it gets here

1 - 20 of 26 Posts