GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Traded my black Valk. tourer for a black '03 GL1800ABS. Only took about 100 yards of driving the demo to convince me that the GW was faster and handled better, and I thought the F6 was awsome. This bike is a stealth sport bike. Maybe really not as fast and agile but will go and turn better then it has any right to do considering it's weight and you don't have to lay down on the gas tank to reach the controls. Also your insurance payment isn't greater then your motorcyle payment. The cracking frames issue made me pause a little but the one I bought is outside the vin range. Was very close to buying a H-D softtail, since I think H-D's look great but just couldn't give up performance. Stock H-D's, except for the V-Rod, are so slow. No flame intended, I would buy an H-D if I could justify more then one bike. I have wanted a GW since I rode one when they cost less then $3,500, now I have one! :blw1: :yes1:

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Maybe really not as fast and agile but will go and turn better then it has any right to do considering it's weight and you don't have to lay down on the gas tank to reach the controls.
And they hold way more groceries. Goldwings are more practical to take
to more places.[/quote]

·
Registered
469 Posts
JohnAE

Welcome to th club Bro. I rode nothin but Hardlys for 13 years, finally woke up. I traded ah 98 CBR 900 RR that i put 18,000 miles on fer an 01 Wing & put 77,000 miles on it.YER REALLY GONNA DIG TH WING:mrgreen:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts