GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wing has a new stable mate. Brought it home today. Now may be I can get that 30,000 mile service done on the wing that I have been waiting to do ... and I will have to get in-line for Fred's next set of entertainment DVDs!

2003 Yamaha FJR

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dale, I am looking forward to some brisk riding down here, and the FJR ought to be a pretty good start.

Your note got me thinking (usually not a very good thing), a few weeks ago Fred H. had a Christmas party at the Hard 8 (I missed it). Jim (jjsc6) suggested meeting half way between Dallas and Houston.

I was thinking we should schedule something at Centerville and the fewest folks to show up (probably Dallas) will buy the most folks to show up (probably Houston) lunch. I am telling ya right now, we southerns boys (south of Centerville) might not be to loud, but we make up for it by numbers.

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
jafi_fink said:
The wing has a new stable mate. Brought it home today. Now may be I can get that 30,000 mile service done on the wing that I have been waiting to do ... and I will have to get in-line for Fred's next set of entertainment DVDs!

2003 Yamaha FJR
Cool, Looks sweet. congratulations.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Teaser 1 said:
Cool, Looks sweet. congratulations.
Thanks man, I will probably be looking to sell it in a few months when the new Connie comes in. IT RIDES GREAT!!!! :D

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
Wow - nice ride Joe. Of course, I may be a little biased :lol:

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
nice bike, cool

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Jim, I should have never ridden yours! :) Don't get me wrong, the wing will always be the first ride, but this thing is just plain fun.

You know, funny thing though, I took it out for a ride yesterday, just around. I was coming up to a stop where a lot of trucks had come onto the road with a light layer of dust, braking front and back and the back end started coming around on me. Feathered and all was ok, but it just surprised me a little. I have to find that balance spot.

Hey, what do you think of the Dallas / Houston Challenge???

Thanks KY!

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I for one think us Dallas folk could meet up with you faaaarrr southern folk (so for south I thing they my be aliens ) and out number y'all so bad you would tuck your tail and run . SO it looks like the challenge has been made . BACK ME UP FUZZY.

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
Kikker said:
What is a Dallas/Houston Challenge?
We (Houstonians) have challenged them to meet us for lunch at Woody's in Centerville. We'll come up with something witty to justify the term "challenge" sometime between now and then.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Come on Fuzzy you got my back !!!!!!!! Dont leave me out in the cold with my neck all stuck out.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I'm with ya Brian, your back is mine :!:

No problem for us "northerners" to meet this little challenge. :wink:

Gotta figure out a good backroad route to Woody's.

Time for the rest of the gang to chime in here and help Brian and I out.

·
Firm Member
3,159 Posts
Fred H. said:
Fuzzy said:
Gotta figure out a good backroad route to Woody's.
out.
Not a problem. Which bike would you like me to bring?
Um....Maybe one with a GPS :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
jjsC6 said:
Kikker said:
What is a Dallas/Houston Challenge?
We (Houstonians) have challenged them to meet us for lunch at Woody's in Centerville. We'll come up with something witty to justify the term "challenge" sometime between now and then.
Thats sounds good,
I just blew past there this a.m. about 9:30 on my way up to Frankston and Rusk. Had a great East Texas ride today, no one was out rid'in. Met one guy on a Wing up at Lake Palestine and shot the breeze for about an hour then started meandering back towards home. Ended up doing about 450 miles by the time I got home at 4p.m. 8) Terry

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
jafi_fink said:
[quote="Teaser 1":12hdr6fu]Cool, Looks sweet. congratulations.
Thanks man, I will probably be looking to sell it in a few months when the new Connie comes in. IT RIDES GREAT!!!! :D[/quote:12hdr6fu]

Joe,
Just found out my bro-inlaw has a Connie on order too. He's in limbo too waiting on it to be delivered. Terry
8)

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
jafi_fink said:

2003 Yamaha FJR

Very nice. I've been eyeing those for awhile now.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
My son has one like that too(2003 - silver). I get to ride it occasionally. :D He got his from a gentleman in Pa. It is a nice ride, although I can't ride it for a long distance (sorry old knees). But, it is a ton of fun to jump on it for shorter rides. :lol: :lol:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts