GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Are we there yet?
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The stablemate for my old CB750 is home at last. What do yall think?

The brown one is a '72 model that needs just a few finishing touches. I just got it from Radbikers and Pr8hed. Awesome job on the resto guys. Thanks you very much Doug and Becky.

G

·
0 Posts
Wow! That looks to be in beautiful condition. Someone really cared for that bike.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
:shock: Holy Cow! They are beautiful.

I had a gold one brand new 31 years ago.

I drove my pregnant wife to her check ups on that bike. Brings back some amazing memories.

Trev.

·
Registered
20,952 Posts
the bikes look nice

that center thing under the seat that looks kinda like an oil tank, what is it ?

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
cycledude said:
the bikes look nice

that center thing under the seat that looks kinda like an oil tank, what is it ?
Air inlet box.

Trev.

I should have read the question properly. Yes it the oil tank.

·
Dangerous Old Lady Biker
5,677 Posts
WOW! I love them both! I was looking for a CB550-650-750 before I bought the Vulcan...I hope to find one someday...I always loved and wanted a '70's CB...both you have are beautiful! Bet you get as many looks and questions as I do on the trike!

·
Registered
5,243 Posts
I had a couple of them. They were dang good bikes in the day.

I still like them , looks like all motor from the front and sides.

Take care of them!

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Beautiful bikes, Galute. Was it shipped? and by who?

·
Hungry Member
5,045 Posts
Great looking bikes. I always wanted a CB750.

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
The thing under the seat that looks like a oil tank is a oil tank. Galute I need those two stable mates to keep my 75 cb750f company. Really nice bikes

·
Are we there yet?
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the kind words guys.

Snoppy is right, it is an oil tank, they are dry sump engines.
Hopefully my next one will be a F model Snop. Those SS are cool bikes.

It was shipped Dice. Allied Van Lines has a special division for bikes. I recommed them. I have had two shipped. Painless.

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
Very nice examples of the CB750 four. Sure does bring back memorys for me. My first street bike was a slightly used red 1976 CB750 four just like the one in the second picture. I bought it in 76 for 1800 dollars when I was seventeen. The bike looked so big back then, and I still remember the thrill of the first ride on that bike.

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
Great looking bikes Galute.:1st:

Crossed into triple digits for the first time on one of those. Also owned a 550 SS from that era.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Our newspaper delivery guy had one when they first came out. All of us dirtbikers would go to a certain stretch of road in the afternoon and wait for him to ride by. Never seen someone go so fast riding a wheelie before!

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Still great loking bikes after all these years.

I never had a 750, but I did have the CB 500 4. Loved that bike.

Dep

1 - 20 of 24 Posts