GL1800Riders Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
These look nice but I'm concerned with how they mount.

GTF, could you post some close up pics to show how they mount? I was going to buy the similar Goldstryke pegs but these look to be an alternative.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Are these mounting to the exhaust header? Sure looks that way in the pictures , that's not good.
If they mount like the Goldstrike they are mounted on the bottom of the fake crash bars.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
f.y.i. the are so easy to mount . you dont have to remove any panels. basically there is one bolt in front between the third exhaust pipe.
remove and replace with bracket it goes over crash bash total time to install each side 20 mins plus or minus each side.
if you call them and ask for sale price you will get 10 or 15 % off so you will pay 250.00 or 270.00 free shipping.
goldstrike is good product line and i have a lot of there stuff on my bike rivco built a simpler better mouse trap. lol
hope this info helps
pegs mounting.jpg

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
f.y.i. the are so easy to mount . you dont have to remove any panels. basically there is one bolt in front between the third exhaust pipe.
remove and replace with bracket it goes over crash bash total time to install each side 20 mins plus or minus each side.
if you call them and ask for sale price you will get 10 or 15 % off so you will pay 250.00 or 270.00 free shipping.
goldstrike is good product line and i have a lot of there stuff on my bike rivco built a simpler better mouse trap. lol
hope this info helps View attachment 365872
What keeps the bracket from rotating downward from the weight of your foot.....is it just the one bolt?

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Are these mounting to the exhaust header? Sure looks that way in the pictures , that's not good.
Yeah, looks like they just clamp around the middle header. But apparently that is an illusion. As long as they put no pressure on the header, they should be o.k.

·
Registered
999 Posts
The Goldstrike looks to mount just a wee bit higher than the Rivco and has 3 adjustments. Ive see where guys drag the GS peg so that is concerning but I don't know if they had them in the highest position or not.

Anyone seen both yet to know?

I also like the fact GS has matching pegs for passenger and driver. GS is $100 more for these but it might be worth it if they adjust to my liking.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
For some reason, Rivco's seem to be tucked closer into the heads giving the look of hitting the pavement on a lean at the same time the plastic cover on the case guard hits. Goldstike's look like they will hit long before the plastic cover hits. But, I have never seen either and there has never been a picture proving "first contact". And it is that proof of what hits first that I want to see...... But please, no pics of "dark siders" as that square tire can easily alter what hits first.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts