GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed HyperPro front and rear springs this year and now the bike sits higher without any load. The extra height puts the bike in quite a lean when on the side stand. I have a stock chromed side stand on the bike now. Are there longer stands available?

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
Try to find one of those older fish sidestands..they are longer and put the bike at a perfect angle with suspension upgrades...that's what I did with my Traxxion Wing

I have modified a friend side stand by adding a 1/2" stainless steel plated shaped with a grinder to fit the underside of the OEM side stand foot. I drilled a hole in the stainless plate and welded the plate to the underside of the OEM side stand foot filling in the hole with weld..then grind the weld smooth on the bottom of the OEM foot...then spray some black paint and you can hardly tell the OEM was modified...and the bike will stand more upright. This will also work with a chrome aftermarket side stand..by welding the 1/2" stainless plate through the hole in the plated on the bottom, the chrome won't be affected by the heat from the welding.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts