GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking fro some tail lights for the rear of a Bushtec trailer. It has 01/05 tail lights and was wanting to maych my 07...I see the Show Chrome has come out with these. Reportly a direct replacement for the 01 thru 05 tail lights to match the new style...cool seeing that the 06/07 will not fit the 01/05 bikes....Hal should have them....

S

·
0 Posts
KYBLUE, these should fit, SC says they will in their ad. I believe these units have LED's in them, a few have said they are not as bright as OEM bulb style of lens . But I have no personal experience, let us know how they work out if you decide to go for them .

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
I installed them in my 06 Bushtec and it can be done. I had to cut a little of the sides of the light off but I just copied the ones I took out of Bushtec. You also have to add length to the screws. It takes a little bit of work but can be done.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
I installed these on my Escapade Elite and I think they really look great!

BAT

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I installed these on my Escapade Elite and I think they really look great!
BATT1800
are your from a 06/07 bike???? they do look good....

I think some may have mis-understood me.....

I wanted to add the newer lights to a 04 Bushtec....I was told the 06/07 lights were different and would not work, OK I believe you....I received a email from a dealer ( not Hal, so I woun't mention it) and one of the new items were the lights above, they are designed to look like the 06/07 lights, but will fit the 01/05 bikes....they a new design and not the older set that had problems....

I know nothong other than what the add stated, but if they work and look good, It'll solve my issue....just passing on some info..

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
KYBLUE said:
BATT1800
are your from a 06/07 bike???? they do look good....

I think some may have mis-understood me.....

I wanted to add the newer lights to a 04 Bushtec....I was told the 06/07 lights were different and would not work, OK I believe you....I received a email from a dealer ( not Hal, so I woun't mention it) and one of the new items were the lights above, they are designed to look like the 06/07 lights, but will fit the 01/05 bikes....they a new design and not the older set that had problems....

I know nothong other than what the add stated, but if they work and look good, It'll solve my issue....just passing on some info..
Blue,

These are the Show Chrome ones which I bought from Hal. I have a set on my '05 CBC as well as a set on the trailer (same part number on both). The trailer came with the standard color and I did the upgrade my self. When I checked in to changing my '05 lights to the OEM 06/07 I was told the trunk would mount up but the saddle bags would not. Hence I went with the S/C ones for both. I would buy a set of 06/07 OEM Trunk lights if I could find them (for the right price). These are not an exact match for yours, but would be awefully close.

What is the deal with the "New Improved" version? I did not hear about thtem.

Hope this helps,

BAT

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Strider said:
I believe these units have LED's in them...
If I am not mistaken only the trunk lights are LED, I beleive the Saddle bag ones are incandescent. I'll check for sure when I get home tonight...

BAT

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What is the deal with the "New Improved" version? I did not hear about thtem
Bat
maybe I'm way off, I didn't know these existed....apparently so because you have them installed in your trailer, well DUH on me... :lol:

They look good in your trailer and please let me know who they work out...

When I was referring to new, I ASSUMED ( yeah I know) the mentioned ones were to older ones that had the problem of melting on the inside, I wasn't referring to the ones you have installed....

Again, yours do look good.....I like them...

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Thanks Blue. I installe them on the bike last July and on the triaielr in September when I bought it. So far no problems or issues... keeping mhy fingers crossed!

BAT

1 - 10 of 10 Posts