GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the first ride on my new Bridgestones. Man what a difference. Took off E-3s with 11,000 miles and installed the 850/851. They are soooo smooth and quiet when compared to the worn / cupped / no grip left E-3s. Time and miles will tell how they age.

Installed the 70s on the back. I think it sits taller than with the 70 E-3. I cannot spin either tire by hand with the bike on the center stand. Cant tell if the overall gearing is taller. Right at 2900rpm @70 mph.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I'm not surprised that you can't spin either tire with a new tire in front and a 70 series in back. I couldn't either when I put new tires, of the same size as yours, on. Now that I have a few thousand miles on them, I can see daylight under the rear tire when the bike is on the center stand.
I went with Metzelers, replacing E3's with nearly 20000 miles on them. They were down to the wear bars and had only minimal cupping, but the new tires make a huge difference in the way the bike feels when in the corners. Frankly, I don't care if Dunlop ever settles their strike. I'll be buying Meztelers from now on.
I hope you continue to enjoy the new tires. They make a huge difference.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Too early for me to say, but I will probably never go back to Dunlop. I am not a big fan if unions, but I understand why they do what they do. However, it the consumer that suffers. The only recourse we have is not to buy their products.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts