GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about purchase a new tire and was wondering what's the latest and greatest you guys are running? The usual info would be appreciated. I'm taking off a BT45. It wore unevenly and did not last as long as I expected.

·
Registered
166 Posts
having good luck with the stone 709. 8000+ mi and it still looks like new.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I am about purchase a new tire and was wondering what's the latest and greatest you guys are running? The usual info would be appreciated. I'm taking off a BT45. It wore unevenly and did not last as long as I expected.

If your employed, call your boss and tell him you need a week off.
If your not employed, tell your wife you will resurface in a week.

Then do a search on tires on this forum.

RJ

·
IronMan
17,618 Posts
check out a ct most all that have wont go back more miles- safer - cheaper - etc i run a dunlop rf wintersport 195/55/16

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Uncle John, but I should have been more specific. I also run the same tire on the rear, but I need to get a new front tire. I have been running a BT45 on the front.

·
Registered
19,219 Posts
I would put a METZLER or AVON up front but then I would not put a Car Tire on the rear either

·
Banned
1,855 Posts
I am installing new Avon Cobra's on my 2010 Wing. I had excellent service from the Avon's on my ST1300A.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I was looking at the tread pattern on Metzlers and think it would lead to less wandering on bridge grates and grooved pavement than the 'Stone, so I'm wondering if 'Stone rear/Metzler front would be a good combo in terms of wear, handling, and wet traction?

Consensus among non-CT posters seems to have solidified around 'Stones both ends. Far from 100% but a significant majority. There are some who say 'Stone front Metzler rear which seems backwards based on tread pattern alone. What am I missing?

I'm trying to make my decision now so I'm ready to go when the time comes. So far I have 7300 miles on OEM Dunlops, I'm seeing a little cupping but plenty of tread left. Don't like 'em in the wet, though.

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
ddozier234, G709 here.

wbrownell9, you mentioned wet traction. I have information from a couple of good riders (that I trust) that for a moto tire, the Avon is hard to beat on the rear.

·
Registered
476 Posts
tire

have been running a 709 for 6,000 miles with a rear kumho and shows little wear. running at 36psi and 2oz dyna beads. wet or dry I am very happy with it.:thumbup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts