GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm scheduled to have a new Michelin Pilot Activ installed on my trike tomorrow evening. I had to pay more for it than what I could have gotten it online, but they are good enough to mount it for $32.50 and I try to support those businesses around me that don't mind helping me. It helps keep them in business and I didn't even have to mention putting it on in reverse..he was very familiar with that tire and what it's being used for.

I know it's not chrome but I'm still excited. :lol:

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got the tire mounted...was in and out in about 45 minutes. Those guys are quick. Took it for about a 10 mile ride...WOW is all I can say. I could tell the difference immediately.

There was a Metzler 880 on it when I bought it. I'm a big fan of Metzlers. The sides were cupped pretty badly though...I guess he ran too much air in it.

The handlebars shook bad when I would go over a bump. I can't believe the difference in not only the ride but also the shaking of the handlebars...it didn't take it all out but it sure cleared part of it up.

I think I'm going to be a happy camper with this tire.

·
Registered
21 Posts
You say cuped from to much air pressure, on two wheel bikes the tires cup from too low air pressure. Are trikes the other way around? I've only put about 5,000 miles on mine, it's been at the shop alot the year I've had it! :wrong:

·
Registered
126 Posts
I put a mpa on my trike, mounted in normal direction and keep it at 42psi. so far I like it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts