GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the time has come to get my tires changed and whine about how motorcycling is too expensive a hobby for a while to anyone who'll listen (and no, I will not go dark side!! Haha)

Before I take it to my local bike shop, is there anything special I need to tell them to do because of the TPMS system?

Also, Bridgestone Exedras are the ones to go for, right? Not the Dunlop ones?

·
Registered
222 Posts

Hello, I just bought a set of Bridgestone Exedras, but i'm a rookie on the forum. I did notice the load capacity is less than the Dunlop E3 I have on the bike now. Bridgestone rear 180/70-16 is 908lb, E3 I think was 980lb.
Maybe the experts will chime in.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Whoever you get to change the tire, needs to be reminded that there’s a TPMS sensor inside the wheel, so they don’t break it.

I’m going to suggest to Honda that the TPMS should send an email, when your tire has been in the garage, leaking down from a nail you picked up last week. Went to the garage yesterday and discovered the nail, ruining a perfectly good riding day.

·
Vendor
22,059 Posts
Be sure to ask whoever is installing it if they will pay for a new $200 sensor if they break it. If they say no, go somewhere else.

FYI, I have a video loaded on my site showing how to change tires without breaking the TPMS sensor.

·
Registered
16,973 Posts

Hello, I just bought a set of Bridgestone Exedras, but i'm a rookie on the forum. I did notice the load capacity is less than the Dunlop E3 I have on the bike now. Bridgestone rear 180/70-16 is 908lb, E3 I think was 980lb.
Maybe the experts will chime in.

You do not list your GL1800, but it appears to be a pre-2018 beauty. If, so; the tire models and attributes are different. I am not sure how the BS and Dunslips compare. Good meat for a separate thread.

prs

Reactions: rtbmrgl

·
Registered
222 Posts
You do not list your GL1800, but it appears to be a pre-2018 beauty. If, so; the tire models and attributes are different. I am not sure how the BS and Dunslips compare. Good meat for a separate thread.

prs

Opps, '06 :wink2:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Well, the time has come to get my tires changed and whine about how motorcycling is too expensive a hobby for a while to anyone who'll listen (and no, I will not go dark side!! Haha)

Before I take it to my local bike shop, is there anything special I need to tell them to do because of the TPMS system?

My DCT tour came equipped with the Bridgestones and I have about 10k miles on the tires. I came across another rider the other day with Dunlops on a 2018 non tour with about 8k miles. I know it is not apples to apples but he had significantly more wear on the Dunlops. Enough so that when I change my tires shortly I will go with the Bridgestone's again.

·
Registered
19,228 Posts
I would not use Dunflops for free

·
Love The DCT
12,014 Posts

Regarding Bridgestone vs the Dunlops, it’s going to be personal preference. My wing came with the D423’s and they have performed well in both wet/dry conditions.

The D423’s do cost more compared to the Bridgestone 852/853’s.

:doorag:

·
Registered
589 Posts
I would not use Dunflops for free

I only did because my bike had them out of the crate and I got an extremely early 2018 and there were no more red ones to be had then. Besides red ones are the fastest and the bestest :grin2:

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
after experiencing my BS in heavy, pooling downpours, Im sticking with them. never had a bike tire perform so well in water

1 - 11 of 11 Posts