GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all ...

My dealer, Shenandoah Honda Power-Sports of Winchester, VA, closed last year. Now I'm looking for a good, reliable place to purchase, balance, and install two new OEM tires for my 2012 GW. Last Spring, I had Valley Cycle Center in Winchester change my oil & filter, but was not happy with the result (I believe they scratched and gouged my belly fairing, but I didn't notice it until I got home). Duc Pond Ducati is just around the corner (they are fantastic!), but I don't think they are familiar with, or will work on a Gold-Wing. Does anyone know of a very good shop in my local area? Failing that, is the Honda dealer in Manassas reputable?

Thanks!

Mark

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
NOTE: I bought tires from the shop (not carry in) So ask about that - (personal) I don't buy tire off the internet Had a real tire problem ONCE and it's NOT worth the few dollars in saving for me -YMMV
Just had them change out a front tire for me - get there before 3/31 they are running a service special on tires install :thumbup: ask them about when you set up appoint. I had a 9AM appointment - IN - out 10:30AM - rode in 80 miles with no wobble - rode home 80 miles no wobble just like always :)

Service Mgr -Gary is tops

http://www.blueridgepowersports.com/

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both! I submitted an on-line quote request and will ask about their special. Appreciate the info guys!

Mark

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just an update for the Winchester locals ... I had two new OEM Bridgestones installed last week by Ride On Moto, a new KTM dealer in Winchester. Fantastic service and great pricing! Many of the same great folks from the defunct Shenandoah Powersports.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
I just had a tire installed there, that I had purchased elsewhere (cause I'm from Canada), good job done but a little pricey for my liking. No added bling, remove front rim and tire, installed and replace new front tire... $95.00! JMHO

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
I just had a tire installed there, that I had purchased elsewhere (cause I'm from Canada), good job done but a little pricey for my liking. No added bling, remove front rim and tire, installed and replace new front tire... $95.00! JMHO

That is the going price in that neck of the woods. It's not Florida.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts