GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put on a new set of Dunlop Elite 3's and boy does the bike ever ride smooth again. Man I hate that tire cupping/scalloping. I haven't found a tire yet that doesn't eventually cup.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Just put the same pair on mine after my metzler m880's scalloped. The road pilots were noisy. Bike handles very nimbly, also installed a tpms system.

Should allow me to monitor and keep the air pressure in check.

Best of luck

JC

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
Don't want to make this a tire debate but, I never get any cupping from Bridgestones, last set went 16,000 miles, and wore great.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
I've never had cupping on my Wing, though I have on every other street bike I've owned. Probably just luck. Or maybe this ridiculous heat that melts the tires enough that they just re-form after each ride.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had the E-3`s on mine for 16000 miles. Good tire, sticks great in wet and dry and very tough. The front wore flat in the center pretty quick for some reason. At 16k they were a mess, flat and scalloped/very noisy. I`d buy them again though.

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
:agree: A tough tire, that grips and performs well. My last set did 18k; my current set is at 8k and looks great. I'll keep using them, despite the whine. The front "flat band" of wear is characteristic of the E-3 variety.

I had the E-3`s on mine for 16000 miles. Good tire, sticks great in wet and dry and very tough. The front wore flat in the center pretty quick for some reason. At 16k they were a mess, flat and scalloped/very noisy. I`d buy them again though.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Dyna beads stops the cupping on any tire.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Factory Lops were the only tires that cupped, wobbled too. 4 out of 5 new fronts had the thing, none of the others cupped.

Nothing beats that new tire smell though. Congrats on the sneakers.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I know the feeling, yesterday I put a set of Bridgestones on as well as new brake pads (f&r). Boy, does she handle now.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
I dont want to ruffle any feathers here but I get over 20,000 on my rear tire and have NEVER had any cupping on the rear tire since I went to the Darkside! I like riding the curves too.

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
I dont want to ruffle any feathers here but I get over 20,000 on my rear tire and have NEVER had any cupping on the rear tire since I went to the Darkside! I like riding the curves too.
Oh, you silly boys.
How can you overlook the cheapest and least controversial way to avoid cupping?

Park it!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts