GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need tires for my 12 wing with 15 k miles. Had a 04 wing and put Dunlop e3,s on and got about 20 k miles on them, a guy told me that he would go with avon or michilin tires. Any suggestions? Thanks

·
IronMan
17,472 Posts
bt45 bridgestone front mich alpine3 on rear - or yokohama envigor both runflats -

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Be aware the Commander II are bias ply which is what I use

Need tires for my 12 wing with 15 k miles. Had a 04 wing and put Dunlop e3,s on and got about 20 k miles on them, a guy told me that he would go with avon or michilin tires. Any suggestions? Thanks

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Stay away from the E3's unless you like that howling noise...yep it's still there! I would prolly go with Uncle John's suggestion. I run the Michelin Alpin RF and Bridgestone 709. Awesome combination for me. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Tires

WELCOME to the forum. I have to agree with the Michelin Alpin and the BT-45. They sure work well for me. Be safe and enjoy the ride. Larry

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Different people all claim different results from same tires. Best bet would be to pick one and see how you like it. Me? Stock Stones were okay but the rear failed (carcas deformation) before the wear bars were up. Both rear Avons I ran also failed. The last one actually developed a bulge. The Pirelli, Kumho and Michelin rear tires all lasted to the end of tread life with zero issues. Have 30k on my current Michelin and it is just about ready for replacement. Got another Michelin mounted on my spare rim ready to go.

Good luck

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
Stay away from the E3's unless you like that howling noise...yep it's still there! I would prolly go with Uncle John's suggestion. I run the Michelin Alpin RF and Bridgestone 709. Awesome combination for me. :thumbup:
That has not been my experience.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Best set of tires I've run on my wing is the OEM Bridgestones(704&709). I didn't think the E3's gripped as well in wet weather and hated them when they started to sing in turns. Avons were OK. I get about 10K miles out of a rear BS, and close to 15 out of the front.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I put the New Avon Tires on last August in Sturgis. Today with about 7k on them they have plenty tread left but are squared off and the front is starting to cup. They had decent wet traction and were quiet. Handled aggressive riding well too Most of my riding is two up. They were nice tires. My Stock Stones Lasted about 5k. Going to try the New E3 next week.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts