GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I rode a 2001 Vstar 1100 for 5 years. This spring Honey said, "I sure would like to have a Goldwing". (I made the mistake of renting 1 in the Smokies for a couple days). So we now have a 2006 Goldwing w/comfort package sitting in the garage. 200 miles last Sunday and she had to go out to the garage on Monday just to make sure it was still there.

Jim & Rosie

P.S. I'm a tinkerer, so I'll have a few questions along the way!

·
Registered
584 Posts
:congrats: and welcome aboard. Good info here.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Welcome to the board and congratulations with your new Goldwing." Let the good times roll ". I hope you and your wife enjoy many miles with many smiles. Ride safe, Phil

·
Registered
151 Posts
Congrats!!! You will really enjoy it. There is all kind of aftermarket/ad-on's you can put on it, you'll love it!!:congrats:

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
Yep i feel your smile all they way here. Big congrats and it sure is nice to have the SO interested in riding and wanting to be with you.
i have a friend who bought a valkryie and had a royale but the wife refuses to swing a leg over the bike so he is on his own. he really loves it but maybe planning to sell as he doesnot ride that much anymore as she will not come with him.

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Congratulations, :congrats:welcome to the board and I do the same thing, after 2-1/2 years. Can't believe the enjoyment I get out of the Wing. :agree: You do know we need pictures to verify you really own one and are not just scamming us!!;)

·
Registered
821 Posts
Congrats on the new bike and welcome to the board. Ride safe, ride often.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Welcome to the board............

You will find plenty of advice/information on the board as well. You will also find a number of us are also tinkerers so ask away.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin. We were all new at one time. Here wishing for nice weather during the day, rain at night only.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Don't ya just love that woman!!!

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Welcome to the board and to the Goldwing. Hopefully you'll spend more time on the Wing than you do on the Board, but this place is habit forming. Since you like the Smokeys and you have your own Wing now, the best way to combine those with meeting the people on this board is to join us for this: http://jkgraphics.com/Eagle/smoky.html There's fun to be had in them thar hills!!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Welcome

To me there isn't a real other choice of machine for the money and service availability. Yes, BMW is strong in this category as well, but Goldwings are the premier tourer. Considering value, equipment, ride, quality, service & repair points across the country, Goldwings own it.

I think you'll be very happy with your choice!

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Welcome to the Funny Farm!!!;):joke::coffee1::doorag::thumbup:

·
Registered
931 Posts
Welcome to the FAMILY. :thumbup::thumbup::coffee1:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts