GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had a G709 and G704 installed and about to go on a week's tour 2 up and fully loaded. The shop recommended 41 pounds of air in the front tire and 43 in the rear. I've read where some are running the front down to 32 pounds with no problems. What are you Bridgestone tire users recommending for pressures? Thanks in advance.
Cliff.

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
41 to 42 in front stone... I get 19k out of that tire with zero cupping or other issues. Then again I run traxxion suspension and all balls and fork brace

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Bridgestone actually recommends 38 in the front and 41 in the rear. I find the tire does NOT cup at those pressures and handles maximum best.

·
Registered
999 Posts
39 in front stone for me. Rear is 35 in non-moto tire.

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
8,017 Posts
36 psi in the front and 41psi in the rear. I tried 41 psi in the front and the ride was harsh...36psi in the front gives a smoother ride.

·
Registered
818 Posts
41 front - 42 to 43 rear

·
Registered
13 Posts
Bridgestone tire pressure

Normally run 38 front and 41 rear cold. Got 19 thousand to rear and 21 thousand rear, no cupping, front balanced and dyna beads, rear dyna beads only. Perfect wear, with moderate cornering.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys!:bow:
Cliff.

·
Registered
19,401 Posts
In the 40 range
32 is WAY TOO LOW

·
Registered
513 Posts
regardless of tire brand,,

,,whatever the posted maximum pressure is listed on sidewall of tire,with the tires cold put in 3 lbs LESS than max posted. best practice ,check with digital air pressure gauge also.

take care,
bc

·
Registered
145 Posts
41 Front 43 Rear get about 12-12.5 k on a set with no issues other than they will sing a big starting at about 10-11k this is my 4th set of stones.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Some of you need to look at your tires. Max pressure on sidewall is 41lbs.

I use 39/41.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Sidenote:

rocket1lf,

making an offer to trade my wing straight across for your "other ride".( in your sig)
read the post in the forums here in regards to making money buying a wing and storing it for x years.
you'd be making a killing down the road on this deal. :lol:
i bet that sweet yellow banana only cruises what about ,,mmmm,, 165 knots?.....
Sweet ride you have there!!!

take care,
bc

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
rocket1lf,

making an offer to trade my wing straight across for your "other ride".( in your sig)
read the post in the forums here in regards to making money buying a wing and storing it for x years.
you'd be making a killing down the road on this deal. :lol:
i bet that sweet yellow banana only cruises what about ,,mmmm,, 165 knots?.....
Sweet ride you have there!!!

take care,
bc

Thank You much. If you want it, it's For Sale. My partner and I are looking to downsize. We don't use this one anymore for what it's capable of doing. We've had it for 23 years.
By the way, this one's 260hp. About 158kts.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts