GL1800Riders Forums banner

New to GL1800s. Corbin? & Chiltons, Haynes or other manu

726 views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  mmmhoss 
#1 ·
I am new to the GL1800 and just purchased my dream bike a 2002 GL1800 a few weeks ago.

I just installed a Corbin heated seat yesterday but I won't use the drivers backrest much because it doesn't leave the wife much room.

Has anyone come up with a suitable way to cover the huge gash in the Corbin seat where the backrest goes?

I cannot believe I spent $1,340 for a seat that looks like crap with the backrest off.

When I ordered it they stated it had a flap over it, which it does not.

Also what is a good manual to show me how to do basic maintenance?

I am currently having trouble trying to figure out how to install my headlight modulator as it must plug directly into the high beam bulbs and I cann't figure out how to get to them.

So I'm the new guy who doesn't know much.....be gentle. :D

See less See more
#4 ·
I had 2 corbins for my GL1800 and they both had a flaping cover to hide the backrest hole. I never use the backrest anyway, its too hard and it hits me in the upper back. They should have a lower price for seat without backrest :cry:

#5 ·
orangewingxlr8 said:
I had 2 corbins for my GL1800 and they both had a flaping cover to hide the backrest hole. I never use the backrest anyway, its too hard and it hits me in the upper back. They should have a lower price for seat without backrest :cry:
You have had 2 corbin seats for you 1800.

Sounds like you like them.

I took the wife out last night in 50 degree weather and it was very comfortable.

I think I will like mine if I can figure out a fix for this ugly gash.

#6 ·
Have you called Corbin? I have a Corbin but I use my backrest and it does have a flap.

For maintance get you a copy of Fred's DVD they are the greatest and better than the honda manual

#8 ·
I have called Corbin and they haven't figured out what to do with me yet.

They state they have never had anyone who didn't like the backrest before.

They said that all the new GL1800 seats are desinged to be used with the backrest only.

I am still waiting for the service rep to look into the matter.

Oh and thanks for the heads up on the Freds Video.

I will research it to find where to get one.

#10 ·
mmmhoss said:
I have called Corbin and they haven't figured out what to do with me yet.

They state they have never had anyone who didn't like the backrest before.

They said that all the new GL1800 seats are desinged to be used with the backrest only.

I am still waiting for the service rep to look into the matter.

Oh and thanks for the heads up on the Freds Video.

I will research it to find where to get one.
Click Here:
http://www.angelridevideos.com/

I just did your research for you to get Fred's Maintenance DVD set. Worthy every penny.

#15 ·
Somebody is giving you the runaround. I have had several corbin seats and they all have had the velcro flap that covers the backrest hole. I got one for my 06 and it has the flap. Is there any velcro around the hole?

#16 ·
mmmhoss said:
This is what happens when they take disapline out of schools and teach to the lowest students ability.
And some missed spelling class, too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.