GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally upgraded the VStar on Friday. Now I'm kicking myself for waiting 12 years!
The GW is one year newer with 2x as many miles on it...and I couldn't be happier. It handles so much better, it's smoother, it has so much more power...I could go on and on, but you guys already know all the stuff.

Perhaps the best part is that the wife likes it a lot better. Maybe, just maybe, I get her to go on a vacation on the bike. :)

grossie

Attachments

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Atta-Boy! Enjoy the journey! ?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Welcome to the 08 club!!! Nice ride you have there and I’m sure your wife enjoys it also!!!

Reactions: BobL

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Very Nice! Enjoy :biker:

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
The black looks nice, I always feel the seat better integrates with the bike. With colours, the seat always looks as though it's perched on top. Enjoy!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have had my 08 about a year now. Still tweaking things (that may never stop), but still really love it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Congratulations, I also have the 08 model and it is a fantastic bike. Last year, myself and a couple of buddies went on an epic ride to Death Valley and back riding Harleys. Besides developing another chain case leak on my Road King, one of the guys on a Softail was hurting so much he felt like giving up on riding. I felt the same way and long story short, we sold our Harleys and decided the right bike for touring was the Goldwing. He bought a 2013 model and I lucked out when I found my absolutely mint condition 08 with only 2.9K miles on the odo.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I bought my 08 4 years ago as a retirement gift to myself. After adding fog lights, a backrest, hyway pegs, and moved the handle bars back and up about an inch or two the bike is a dream. I added an AirHawk seat cushion and that is a fantastic cushion for me. No more hot butt and I doubled the amount of miles I can ride before I bought the AirHawk.

One other thing, I'm 5'4" and 150 lbs. I don't have the leg power to be able to walk the Wing up from the ground. I've dropped the bike a couple of times doing low speed parking lot parking. I made the mistake of using the front brake and over the bike goes. I bought the MotoJack and what a life & back saver that jack is.

Good luck and enjoy your Wing!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts