GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It took awhile but I finally have a Wing!! I think the color is metallic black, but it looks charcoal grey in the sun. I got the air bag model. Found her in Milwaukee. Ironic, the city of American iron, and I get a Wing. Haven’t put "my own miles" on it yet, but I have lifted the cover every night just to make sure its still there. It has a few thousand miles left on the tires but when they are done I'll be going to the Dark Side! I put a Tom Simmons custom seat on it last week. Great service and look of the seat. Now the Wife and i need to break it in. Updates on that later. Looking forward to seeing some of you at the Ding!!
Only down side to the new bike is I have to say goodbye to HD Road King. We really had some good times on it, experienced several thousand enjoyable miles on it, met lots of good people and made many new friends. Bottom line is Boss says only one in the garage. Plus I want to acquire a few "new items" for the Wing!

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Welcome aboard and enjoy the 07 it was my first 1800 wing and I really feel in love with the 1800 thru the wing. Have upgraded to a 2010 last year but 07 never gave me a problem :thumbup: Good Luck and enjoy :yes1:

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
:congrats: and welcome to the fun!

·
Registered
334 Posts
It took awhile but I finally have a Wing!! I think the color is metallic black, but it looks charcoal grey in the sun. I got the air bag model. Found her in Milwaukee. Ironic, the city of American iron, and I get a Wing. Haven’t put "my own miles" on it yet, but I have lifted the cover every night just to make sure its still there. It has a few thousand miles left on the tires but when they are done I'll be going to the Dark Side! I put a Tom Simmons custom seat on it last week. Great service and look of the seat. Now the Wife and i need to break it in. Updates on that later. Looking forward to seeing some of you at the Ding!!
Only down side to the new bike is I have to say goodbye to HD Road King. We really had some good times on it, experienced several thousand enjoyable miles on it, met lots of good people and made many new friends. Bottom line is Boss says only one in the garage. Plus I want to acquire a few "new items" for the Wing!
Are you sure you can't convince the "BOSS" to let you keep both scoots??? I still miss my 2001 Electra Glide Classic and always have my eyes open for a H.D. bargain but would prefer the new frame design of 2010+. DON'T jump back on an older H.D. and expect it to do what a Wing can do, otherwise you will be in trouble :22yikes::22yikes:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Congrats, just took my dive in about a month ago. Love my 2010. I have the same problem as you, only one in the garage at a time. Had to give up my Triumph Rocket 3. I keep telling myself that I did it for comfort (and the wife's comfort) and that is not far from the truth. Can't say I miss it too much. Love the wing, but loved the speed of the Rocket. Congrats Again.
By the way, where are you in SO. IN. I am from Mt. Carmel, IL.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
:congrats: on your new toy!

·
Registered
213 Posts
You are going to love the Wing and the seat. I put a Tom Simmons seat on my trike last month and it is the best money I have spent on my machine so far. Congratulations on your new purchase.

PS: the picture shows the stock seat.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I think that was a very good year to buy...no real problems or recalls and pretty much the same as some of the newer models....:congrats:

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
:congrats: On the new bike!!:thumbup:

·
Registered
686 Posts
Congrats on the Wing many (s)miles left on it.

In order to keep the second bike what you need to do is convince the so that it is worth double or more what it actually is worth. Then advertise (showing her you are trying to sell it) at that inflated price. If someone is dumb enough to actually buy it for that price great take the money and run but chances are it will just sit and you have to keep riding it so it doesn't deteriorate from sitting. Then after awhile she will get used to two bikes in the garage.

Anyone interested in a 2008 GL1800 only $40,000.00 :lol:

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Congrats on the new ride from the Shenandoah Valley!

·
Registered
19,062 Posts
:congrats:you got the bells and whistle model--nice

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I think that was a very good year to buy...no real problems or recalls and pretty much the same as some of the newer models....:congrats:
Yup........what he said........:thumbup:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts