GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Tomorrow (19-03-2014) I will be going down to Tauranga to pick up my new to me 2008 GL1800. I will pick it up then leave on a reasonably long ride home.

The route home will be from Tauranga to Rotorua - Whakatane for the night with friends and then Thursday back to Tauranga and then on back to Auckland via Whitianga and the Coromandel. This will be a nice rid e to get accustomed to the new bike.

In April we doing a 10 day trip as well so hope to get in some good riding.

Hope to see and meet many GL1800 riders here in New Zealand.

PS - Pics will be posted of the new bike and my ride once I get home.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Congrats on the new ride, You'll love it. ENJOY...

·
IronMan
17,181 Posts
:congrats:MILES = SMILES ON A WING !! FORUM IS GREAT FOR INFO - MEETS ETC.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi All,

Thanks for all the replies and good wishes to us on our new bike.

I arrived back home at 3.30pm this afternoon from fetching my bike. It was two days of fun, good riding and the weather was excellent - HOT!!

I got a lift to Tauranga where the bike was waiting for me all clean and polished. This bike was in showroom condition and the previous owner looked after her well. After all the business was completed I left Tauranga for Rotorua and then to Whakatane via the lakes. Spent the night with friends and was back on the road this morning back to Tauranga and via Thames back home. The total ride was 532Km ( 331 miles).

It was awesome to be on an 1800 again after having sold our 2005 Wing back in South Africa before moving to NZ.

Janet and I now look forward to many years of enjoyment and safe riding on here.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
I too have an 08, but I see that yours is an Airbag model! Good luck with your new ride. May you have many (s)miles of happiness! :thumbup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts