GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here is the new set up. 2009 Quantum Sport with the EC compressor. Really wasn’t trailer shopping but when this one popped up the color match was so close, ....well you know...

Serviced it completely and towed is about 250 miles yesterday, loaded, over all types of roads and bumps, curves etc. I have owned a hanagan, escapade, and a kompact kamp over the years but this is my first bushtec. Probably the last one I will own.

I like it a lot so far!
F398C099-1207-439A-BF7E-020835DF30B3.jpeg

·
Registered
7,471 Posts
Enjoy your new trailer, it looks great hooked up to your bike. (y)

·
Premium Member
1,325 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Man that looks familiar, where have I seen that before???

OH yeah no I remember, in my garage.

Good to know that it is going to be a keeper.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Man that looks familiar, where have I seen that before???

OH yeah no I remember, in my garage.

Good to know that it is going to be a keeper.
Yeah, I turned it upside down and repainted all the frame and the raw threads on the bar steel, put “super lube” in all the pivot points by the book, greased the zirks on the swivel and heim joint, took off the bra and cooler cover and scrubbed them well, and put a good coat of mcguires paste wax on it.

I am REALLY impressed with how well this thing tows.

Thanks again for all your help Steve!

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I am still impressed by my Bushtec Roadstar,I have pulled it behind 3 different bike since 2000 when I bough it, keep it lubed up and it should last a couple of life times.

·
Registered
84 Posts
So here is the new set up. 2009 Quantum Sport with the EC compressor. Really wasn’t trailer shopping but when this one popped up the color match was so close, ....well you know...

Serviced it completely and towed is about 250 miles yesterday, loaded, over all types of roads and bumps, curves etc. I have owned a hanagan, escapade, and a kompact kamp over the years but this is my first bushtec. Probably the last one I will own.

I like it a lot so far!
View attachment 365563 View attachment 365562
It looks great. I also have a 2018 Goldwing. Did you end up using the Bushtec hitch? If so, did you install yourself?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It looks great. I also have a 2018 Goldwing. Did you end up using the Bushtec hitch? If so, did you install yourself?

Thanks
No, I had an existing Rivco hitch on my bike that had a1 7/8 ball. A lock and pin came with the bushtec so I just swapped the ball for the pin and lock on the rivco hitch.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Nice looking Trailer. Bushtec makes a fantastic trailer. Enjoy

·
Premium Member
1,325 Posts

Thanks
@chanesworth absolutely beautiful GW & Trailer! A match made in heaven!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts