GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All, I just moved to Pleasant Hill, Missouri and was wondering if anyone lives nearby. Looks like some nice riding areas are awaiting and was looking for some suggestions. TIA...

·
Registered
917 Posts
Welcome.
That is a change from AZ for sure.

Anywhere toward Branson and southern MO is nice scenery and good riding and if you want to venture further south go into Arkansas. Those guys will wear your tires out.

Reactions: Monk and 1potter1

·
Registered
491 Posts
If your looking around the KC area for day trips, there's a few nice rural hilly areas north of the city.
But I agree with the last post, southern MO and NW Ark is the place to ride and it's within a few hours of you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hello All, I just moved to Pleasant Hill, Missouri and was wondering if anyone lives nearby. Looks like some nice riding areas are awaiting and was looking for some suggestions. TIA...
Best advice I have is to get on your bike and go find it. Mo is a beautiful state - I spent 25+ years in Springfield. From where you are at - head towards water as the roads generally twist with the flow of the creeks.

Plenty of good roads center state around Lake of the Ozarks. Southeast from there to the Rolla/Ft.Wood area you are in prime country. The entire southern 1/3rd of the state is excellent riding.

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,730 Posts
If you like curvy, scenic or twisty roads, then you need to come south toward Arkansas.

One of the best twisty roads in southern Missouri would be highway 125 between Bradleyville and Rueter.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Welcome to the Show Me state! I live north of Columbia, about 100 or so miles east of you.

Monk gives good advice. DW and I just made a short trip to Arkansas this week while the weather is still nice.

North West Ark. and Southern Missouri (over to about West Plains) offer good to GREAT riding. I love the Harrison Gathering in Oct. Great friends and awesome riding. http://gl1800riders.com/forums/7-rides-trips-events/371505-official-harrison-ar-2017-thread.html

There is also a spring ride out of Rogers, Ark. which is great but you do have the metropolitan area to deal with in order to go on any ride from there.

We, on the Missouri board, also occasionally get together for a RTE or such. Keep an eye.

Reactions: Monk

·
Registered
593 Posts
Welcome to MO, I live in Drexel so not that far away from P Hill. Like another said, there are some decent roads north and east of KC. Anything that runs close to the river is a good choice as well. You can run down to Lake of the Ozarks or Truman Lake and both have good roads around them. None of what I said will compare to the rides/roads down in the southern portion of MO and northern AR but can be done for a quick fix!

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I live in the southern section of the state and the roads are awesome. Not quite as good as AR but still great roads. If you get down this way give me a shout and I'll make sure you ride good roads and get a great meal. I live in Hillsboro. Bout 40 miles south of St Louis.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Hi Handley, Just live north of KC and like riding ridge lines toward the St Joe Mo like high way E off of 116. Always nice to here from board members in the area.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I live near Missouri in far northeast Oklahoma. The southern tier of counties don’t require effort to find a good ride.
The area from Noel to south of Branson is one of the prettiest areas in the US.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts