GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow bikers. I bought a 08 GL1800 back in June of this year. I traded up from a VTX 1800 R and enjoy reading all the posts. I see alot of post on the Harley subject and thought Id comment.
I ride often with a local group that consists mainly of Ultra's. Ive really enjoyed all of them and maybe they arent typical of what you might expect but it doesn't seem to matter what anyone rides. We make jokes about my Wing and their Harleys all the time. We went to ride the Dragon two years ago and two of the guys had just picked up new ultras, well I overheard one of them saying to the other that he had a slight oil leak and not to tell me cause they didnt want to get ribbed about it. First night was in Gatlinburg and early the next morning I got out before the rest and poured a little oil under the new Ultra (just a little puddle) and sat back and watched. Oh the fun!! Well Jon comes out to saddle up and sees the oil , I stayed out of sight with a couple of the other guys and listened to him cursing. We were laughing with tears in our eyes and finally I just couldnt take it anymore and let him off the hook. We have laughed about it many times since. I cant imagine if I ever broke down - Oh the grief I would get !!!
Since riding with this group two of them have backslidden and bought Goldwings, but I will tell you, I also couldn't care what anyone was riding, as long as they are happy and we can razz each other occasionally and laugh about it -its all good!!!
Anyone else find that riding in mixed groups is enjoyable?

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
It is not the bike that creates the memories. A bit of fun is always fun. When you forget that, not cool......

Kit

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Well, the groups I wind up riding with occasionally are on all kinds of bikes and there's always some "jabbing" going on about this bike or that bike.

Couple years back tho, I was in a "Ride for Dad" consisting of appx 1,500 bikes and at the end, I parked beside this guy on a fairly new Ultra who was "fussin" with it. As I got off, I saw a large puddle of oil underneath it and learned a few new words to boot! Turns out he'd just got it back from the dealer who supposedly had fixed his oil leak!!! Nobody around was pokin fun coz he looked like he was about to rip faces off!

·
Registered
7,796 Posts
That's what it's all about, having a good time riding with friends! Welcome, you will fit right in here!! :thumbup::lol:

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
I enjoy razzing anyone. Harley is a good machine and all of the HD riders
I've come across have been great people...Goldwing riders...not so much.

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
I enjoy riding with anyone that really enjoys riding..

... even goldwingers :22yikes:

:)

Welcome to the mad house...

Dennis

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Having a good time on a good ride is everything. Enough said.

·
Banned
1,766 Posts
I enjoy razzing anyone. Harley is a good machine and all of the HD riders
I've come across have been great people...Goldwing riders...not so much.
Funny how that works. It has been like totally opposite for me. All Wingers that I have ever known have been great to be around and to ride with. And, I will admit, most of the Harley riders have been too. But the biggest arseholes that I have ever shared a road with all had air cooled V-twins that powered their bikes.

Might have something to do with the fact that in 45 years of riding have never quite had much of a hankering to own a H-D.

·
Registered
166 Posts
i love riding with groups and most that i ride with ride H-D. every once in a while i will toss a little rice under the wing and act as if i am looking at a puddle of oil.:eek:4: gets a good laugh out of most

·
Registered
168 Posts
Greetings Bikerbob!!!

I see you have some diplomatic skills and a sense of humor.

I suspect you will do well here.

Enjoy!!

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
WELCOME from Michigan, and :congrats: on the bike.

·
Banned
3,074 Posts
Welcome to Goldwings and this website.

I enjoyed your Harley story. I'm sure there are lots of good men riding HDs. I've met and talked with a couple of them on the road.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts