GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! This is my first post here and I want to first say that you all should be proud of the community you've established. As I was researching for my purchase of a GL1800 I found the forums. I must say that the people here seem to be top-notch and a great example of how people can come together and share (often differing) opinions in a respectful and helpful manner. I learned A LOT from reading through the posts here.

I purchased my trike today and, needless to say, am very excited. I've only had the chance to ride it for a few hours but I am AMAZED and the difference between riding the trike and my Harley V-Rod (which is for sale here, http://www.intersonic.com/vrod, by the way!). I love it! Don't get me wrong, I know that they are two VERY different bikes, but the trike is just so smooth, stable and comfortable that it really makes for a great riding experience.

The trike is a 2005 GL1800 with 4k miles. It has a Hannigan kit with a custom paint job, the aux fuel tank and many other goodies. It may be too over-the-top for some but my philosophy is that if you're gonna stand out in the crowd, then stand WAY out! Here are some pics:

Like I said, I can't wait to get some more time in on it. Coming from the relatively Spartan V-Rod, I'm also thrilled with all of the creature-comforts and gadgetry of the Goldwing in general. It really seems to be a fantastic bike and I can understand how people can travel great distances in style and comfort.

Thanks again from a former forum lurker for helping me learn more about the bike, trikes, the various kits and more. Even when people don't jump into the conversations they're still out there enjoying and learning I suppose.

Ed - Valrico, FL

B

·
0 Posts
Welcome to the family Breaker.

As one yellow owner to another, all I can say is WOW! :yes1: :yes1: That paint job is AWESOME!!! :1st:

You are really going to stand out wherever you go. Be prepared for the crowds to flock around your trike whenever you stop. That will be a crowd pleaser like you probably never imagined.

I have always wanted to do something with paint or pinstriping but could never decide what. You obviously didn't have that problem.

Have you cast your vote for Hannigan on the poll? If not, you should.

http://www.gl1800riders.com/forums/view ... hp?t=64542

Again, welcome and thanks for posting your pictures of your beeyootifull trike.

Don aka Beastie

·
Dangerous Old Lady Biker
5,677 Posts
WOW is right!!!! The Hannigan is a great kit! (almost as good as CSC...oops did I say that??)...I was shocked at first, but it grew on me also! And you do stand out! beautiful trike, enjoy it!

·
Registered
59 Posts
WOW! LOVE IT!!!!! We triked our 2003 GL1800 Candy Orange Goldwing one year ago -- picked up on Halloween -- done by Hannigan in Murray, KY. WE LOVE IT!!! Got the aux fuel tank also and it's been great, especially when traveling with 4 wheelers.

Be prepared to get comments wherever you go and lots of "thumbs up" signals on the highway! People stare and ask lots of questions! We have a Harley Road King (Pearl White), but this trike is definitely for comfort and great for long trips! So much fun!

CONGRATULATIONS on your great ride -- know you will enjoy it! GREAT PAINT JOB TOO!!

Jo Anne
bitsofjoanne

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi again, folks. Thanks so much for the comments and compliments. They are all genuinely appreciated.

Got to spend some more time out and about on the trike today and I'm even more excited about it than I was yesterday! It's just amazing the differences between two and three wheels. Plus, there's definitely something to be said for a comfy seat and great sound system! My 7 year old daughter is also thrilled with the new ride. After riding to church we spent a couple hours crusing around this afternoon.

I can already tell that I will be spending A LOT more time on the bike than I did with the V-Rod. It's just a whole different world.

Thanks again for the welcome and the great community you've established here!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's a LOT of trees! I'm sure it was a great ride though. It's finally cooling down here in Florida. If only palm trees could change!

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I don't have a trike but I enjoy reading this forum about them.

Breaker, that is one sharp looking ride. Maybe we'll run into each other sometime. (Not literally I hope :wink: )
I'm from NE FL.

Enjoy the new ride,
Dep

·
Squating Member
7,056 Posts
That is TOO COOL!!!! I love it, yeah, if you gonna be out there, what the hay, might as well be WAY OUT THERE :lol:

I think it's sweet!!!!!!!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Congrats and that is one Beautiful Rig! Man that paint job is unbelievable!
I am taking my trike over to my installer this week to talk about getting a custom paint job as well, and yours is truly an example I plan on showing him!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks again for all of the kind words. I'll tell ya, between just the fact that it's a trike combined with the paint, doo-dads, etc., the bike is definitely a head-turner. But the best part is that it's just a blast to ride! I haven't driven my truck since it was delivered!

As a matter of fact, it's been a few hours so I'm overdue for a ride. Back in a few!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts