GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally step over to the darkside today. Mounted a Kumho ECSTA SPT (KU31)RF on a 2008 GL1800. Went for a quick ride to get a feel for the new ct. A very nice soft ride. It seems to just fall into the turns and very quiet. I look forward to doing a few twisties this coming weekend. I think I'm going to do MT. Hamilton up to the Lick Observatory. I'll post how the ride went when I get back. Where can I get my DS#?

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Welcome to the Darkside!

Murgie will be along shortly to assign a number.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Congrats and welcome. Remember, if you go over 35 mph on a ct your bike might burst into flames ;)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oops! Too late for that.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Welcome to the Darkside. There are some great cookies in Wisconsin! :yes1:
Well worth the ride.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
:congrats: And welcome to the Darkside!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Welcome!

I predict that you're gonna love it here.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Welcome to the darkside.

·
Crazy Northerner
8,628 Posts
Welcome. I have to agree about the cookies. Yummy...

·
Premium Member
31,974 Posts
Well I finally step over to the darkside today. Mounted a Kumho ECSTA SPT (KU31)RF on a 2008 GL1800. Went for a quick ride to get a feel for the new ct. A very nice soft ride. It seems to just fall into the turns and very quiet. I look forward to doing a few twisties this coming weekend. I think I'm going to do MT. Hamilton up to the Lick Observatory. I'll post how the ride went when I get back. Where can I get my DS#?
I have been busy lately sorry. First off congrats and next time your through Wi. Look me up for your share of Darkside cookies:thumbup:

·
Registered
8,859 Posts
Hmmmmm,

No report, did his bike blow up??:shrug:

·
Registered
907 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Welcome... running the same tire right now and we love it!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
tire report

Sorry it's taken so long to get back to you. I did the Mt. Hamilton run last weekend. The c/t felt great. It almost felt as if I was able to really lean into the turns a lot more, even at slower speeds. I still can't believe how quiet and smooth the ride is. Last night I got the G709 mounted on the front and took a quick spin around the neighborhood. I'm not sure what to think yet, but I will put about a hundred miles on it tomorrow. I can't believe I've waited this long to do this.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Congrats and welcome. Remember, if you go over 35 mph on a ct your bike might burst into flames ;)
See here guys, that's my speed!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Also new to the Darkside!

I also just moved over to the Darkside. The whole process was a pain in the ---.
The Kumho ECSTA SPT 195/55RF-16 87V, 33.5 psi, was difficult to mount due to the stiff sidewalls. The standard tire/wheel goes on and off the bike easily. The CT did not fit at first as I was not strong enough to slide it in with the bike on it's side even using soapy water and then lubricant spray. Then I got mad and kicked it.... the tire slid past nicely.

The effort was worth it for the safety of the RF. I have only used the tire for 500 miles but I no longer remember the difference in feel and ride. I plan to take a bit of a trip next year from NH to FL to CA to Vancouver (boat to Alaska) and back. The extra miles from the CT is also a big plus.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts