GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone!

Just signed up today on the forum and was wanting to know what the OTD prices in California are for a 06 Goldwing loaded (navi, abs, comfort package, and maybe airbag) I am looking to purchase one and want to know OTD prices people have got before I go have the TALK :D

A little about me...I started out on a 1999 Kawasaki Concours back in 99, then traded in the conny and went to a GSXR 1000, then bought a FZ1....sold the GSXR and then traded in the FZ1 for my 05 FJR1300. That is what I currently ride...but I am looking for more of a long haul bike (also comfy for the pillion)....and am planning on keeping the FJR for the more spirited riding :wink:

Thank you in advance everyone!

Rob

·
Thirsty Member
2,579 Posts
Rob -

Welcome to the Board.

Since you live in California, wouldn't it be easiest for you to place a call to a few of your 'local' dealers and ask them your question ??

Their prices may change monthly, weekly, or daily depending on their stock of bikes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hedo said:
Rob -

Welcome to the Board.

Since you live in California, wouldn't it be easiest for you to place a call to a few of your 'local' dealers and ask them your question ??

Their prices may change monthly, weekly, or daily depending on their stock of bikes.
Thanks!

I have gone to a few dealers...and have seen the 06 like I have mentioned at 24000 msrp+accessories...one was black like yours that they had put on the chrome kit (for the vents in front and the little chrome emblem on the front fender) and also the chrome exhaust tips.

I just want to know what people have paid for theirs...that way I don't pay too much. :)

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Welcome to board. Do a search on here and you can find out alot about prices, and the different ways a dealer can get ya. Hal, who is the owner of this site has some of the best prices and will give you a good starting spot to haggle with your dealer. Good luck and stop in often.

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Here's what they go for in Chattanooga, TN:

http://www.southernhonda.com/new_vehicl ... otorcycles

Gold Wing® Airbag (GL1800)
M.S.R.P. $24,049.00*
Our Price $19,783.00*

Gold Wing® Audio / Comfort / Navi / ABS (GL18HPNA)
M.S.R.P. $22,499.00*
Our Price $18,383.00*

Gold Wing® Audio / Comfort / Navi (GL18HPN)
M.S.R.P. $21,499.00*
Our Price $17,583.00*

Gold Wing® Audio / Comfort (GL18HP)
M.S.R.P. $19,499.00*
Our Price $15,983.00*

Gold Wing® Premium Audio (GL18P)
M.S.R.P. $18,999.00*
Our Price $15,483.00*

·
Registered
503 Posts
I am obviously not in California, but I picked up an '06 black Wing at a dealer in mid Michigan in December for $18,499. There are defiinitely good deals out there if you are patient.

Good luck in your search.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
The best prices I've seen in California are from L.A. Cycle Sports.

They are located near LAX, but you can save thousands off MSRP with them. The more expensive the bike, the more you can save.

They do almost everything through the net, but if they give you a quote, it's a good one.

http://www.otdcyclesports.com/

They also have good prices on some of the Honda OEM accessories and a few other aftermarket folks as well. The benefit of buying through them and having them install them is that the accessory then gets covered by the Honda Extended Warrantee.

If you'd rather wait on your accessories, there isn't a better place than www.hondadirectline.com to pick them up.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thank you tjshelton...their otd price was 25,999 for a 07 airbag model. I remember those dealers when I was shopping for my FJR...is that a good price for it??

Also thanks for the other replies...that is why I come to these forums...all the help one needs!

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
MR_FJR said:
thank you tjshelton...their otd price was 25,999 for a 07 airbag model. I remember those dealers when I was shopping for my FJR...is that a good price for it??

Also thanks for the other replies...that is why I come to these forums...all the help one needs!
Unless you added a bunch of accessories, that is not a good price. MSRP from Mother Honda is $24,049. When I was shopping around a few years ago, I seem to recall them selling a wing with an MSRP of 21,900-ish for the mid 18K range. Perhaps they are tight on cash and needed to raise their prices.

I guess I'll have to change my tune now and check before I point people their way.

The nice thing about buying a wing is that you don't have to limit yourself to your local dealers. You can fly out to other US dealers and ride home in comfort for less than what a lot of dealers are selling these great machines for.

Good luck on your search and let us know what you find... and post pictures.

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
Welcome!

You will be amazed at how many of us (myself included) own both a Goldwing and an FJR. There are at least five regulars on this forum that own both.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
jjsC6 said:
Welcome!

You will be amazed at how many of us (myself included) own both a Goldwing and an FJR. There are at least five regulars on this forum that own both.
I sooooo want to keep both...but I don't know if I am gonna be able to afford the payments on the new one...ugh. I am torn between having to finance it all and just selling or trading in the FJR for the Wing. :cry:

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Many out of state purchases don't include tax, title etc. I don't know what the tax rate is in California, but here in Illinois, I had to add about $1,300.00 in state Tax to the out of state purchase price. I saved about $3,000.00 on the purchase, so it was a good deal in that I saved about $1,700.00 overall, minus traveling expenses.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
tjshelton said:
MR_FJR said:

Unless you added a bunch of accessories, that is not a good price. MSRP from Mother Honda is $24,049. When I was shopping around a few years ago, I seem to recall them selling a wing with an MSRP of 21,900-ish for the mid 18K range. Perhaps they are tight on cash and needed to raise their prices.

I guess I'll have to change my tune now and check before I point people their way.

The nice thing about buying a wing is that you don't have to limit yourself to your local dealers. You can fly out to other US dealers and ride home in comfort for less than what a lot of dealers are selling these great machines for.

Good luck on your search and let us know what you find... and post pictures.

That all sounds great but in California you cannot buy an out of state bike that has less than 7500 miles on it. (from what I understand)

·
Registered
5,254 Posts
MR_FJR said:
That all sounds great but in California you cannot buy an out of state bike that has less than 7500 miles on it. (from what I understand)
I believe you are correct..... check your local regs and rules first!

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
MR_FJR said:
You might want to do a search on this topic. I believe that the 7500 mile requirement is for bikes without the California emmisions package. I believe (and may be wrong) the GL1800's all have the Cal Package, so it becomes a mute point.

So that's 2 things for you to research...

Give Hal or one of his guys at HDL a call. They should know all the legalities involved and they will be more than happy to chat with you.

On the flip side, it doesn't take long to put 7500 miles on a Goldwing...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Tony in AZ said:
[quote="MR_FJR":1dqd0r7d]

I believe you are correct..... check your local regs and rules first![/quote:1dqd0r7d]

Well this is a direct quote from the DMV in California:

What You Need to Know Before Buying a Vehicle from Out-of-State
The Bottom Line

If you are a California resident and acquire a new car, truck or motorcycle from another state, it must be certified to meet California smog laws in order to be registered here.

Aren’t All Vehicles California Certified?

Not all new vehicles are manufactured to be sold to California residents or businesses. Many manufacturers make vehicles to be sold in the other 49 states. These vehicles (49-State) are made with smog equipment that meets federal emission standards, but not California standards. 50-State or California certified vehicles are made to be sold to California residents.

What Is Considered a New Vehicle?

California law considers any vehicle with less than 7,500 miles on the odometer when acquired by a California resident or business to be a new vehicle. This holds true whether or not the vehicle has been registered in another state. If you acquire a new vehicle from another state, you may not subsequently drive it to accumulate over 7,500 miles to circumvent the law. DMV cannot accept an application to register the vehicle, and you cannot register or operate the vehicle in California.
Exceptions

As usual, there are a few exceptions included in the law. As a California resident or business you may be able to register a 49-State vehicle if you:

Obtained it as part of a divorce or inheritance settlement.
Purchased it to replace a vehicle stolen while you were using it out of state.
Purchased it to replace a vehicle which was destroyed or made inoperative beyond reasonable repair while you were using it out of state.
Were on active military duty outside California, and you registered the vehicle in the state of your last military service.

This is what drives us crazy in California!!...ugh!! So I guess if it is a 50 state bike it is OK?

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
The way I see it, if you don't mind paying $750,000 for a 1200 square foot "fixer-upper", then how bad could it be to pay an extra couple thousand to buy a motorcyle in-state? :lol:

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
The 7500 miles on the odometer rqmt. is for vehicles that do not have the CA Air Resources Board (CARB) sticker saying the vehicle is certified for sale in CA. California law designates 7500 miles as the dividing line between what they consider a "new" and "used" vehicle. But the 7500 mile requirement only applies to 49-state vehicles (no CARB sticker). 50-state vehicles with the CARB sticker can be brought into California as new, with no minimum mileage requirement.

If you buy out of state, you will need to pay a temporary tag fee to the state you buy it in to ride it home, plus you may have to pay a doc fee (make the dealer spell it out on paper). Then you pay sales tax and licensing fees in California.

Buying from an out of state dealer is a viable option so long as the vehicle is a 50-state model. I am pretty sure all Gold Wings are, but check with the dealer you intend to buy from to insure that the motorcycle you are buying has the CARB cert.

Or better yet, just take a sweet out of state quote to a local dealer and beat him down on his price with it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts