GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last 30 days have been great. My second granddaughter was born and I purchased a new 07 GL1800 Gold Wing. It's still at the dealership in the crate. Since the weather today is only 7 degrees above zero and there is about 10 inches of snow on the ground, I wont need it assembled for a little while longer. Can't wait to try out my new ride. Kevin.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
In the order of importance:

Congrats on the new grandaughter!! Feed and water them, give them a couple years to grow, and they'll lead you places that you never thought that you would want to be! I hope she lives nearby so you can enjoy the journey

Welcome to the forum. Do you have a favorite brand of tire, oil, or change your crush washers?

With your foul weather, I guess that you live a little toward the north? I hope you get a couple nice days so that it can come home. It's more fun to oooh and awww when you can touch it!! Plus, you can start the customizing process.

Good luck with all

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've been reading a lot of posts trying to decide which trailer hitch I will buy, (I'm leaning toward the bushtec) and which lights I will buy. There sure is a lot of information in this forum. I'm not new to riding, but this is my first wing. I traded my 03 Kawasaki Nomad for it. Kevin.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
You won't go wrong with the Bushtec. I have the EC Platinums and like them. I've had a problem with short life on the bulbs and Lewis has been right there. I would buy them again. I'm looking at a set of PIAA's just to brighten the road.

If you go Bushtec, there is a very good supplement to the instructions available. Let me know if you need it

·
Registered
439 Posts
I helped a friend put a Bushtec on his 06 wing not bad at all . We took about three hours takeing our time with breaks . :D Welcome to the board

·
Registered
632 Posts
Welcome to the board and congratulations all around. Weather is cold here also but the GF and I just got back from a 100 mile bike ride. Just had to dress for it. Fortunately, the roads were clear and dry of snow and it was a lovely ride.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Kevin;
I went to UVM so I know what the winters are like in Vermont. :shock:
My bike came into the dealership in March and they said they would keep it until I could drive it home. I hope your dealer is as obliging as mine.
If not, start looking for someone who can trailer it "home" for you.
I went with my dealers recommendation for a trailer hitch and let them install it. I figured if I ever had a problem I could always say: "Hey, you recommended it and installed it so stand by it".
Did you get the OEM driving / fog lights?
My night vision isnt what it used to be so I did. Boy was that a good investment.
The headlights are better than anything I ever had before and with the driving / fog light on the road is clearly visible. The roadside is also well lit and that makes me feel better about seeing "Bambi" BEFORE he jumps out in front of me.
Are you gonna go to the Killington Rally this year?
Look me up if you do so I can see your new ride.
Oh.......
Congrats on your grand daughter!

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Congrats. You're going to love it. My latest is an 07, as well. Happy to help with any questions.

One thing you want to do, in the spring is to make a run over to Venco Wings to check out every imaginable accessory for that bike.

For you it's down I91 then I89 to Concord, NH. He's just a few miles east of Concord.

People from all over the northeast do buisness with them.

http://www.vencowings.com/

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Congrats on the granddaughter and the bike!

Hope you get to ride it soon.

Dep

1 - 11 of 11 Posts