GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I'm new to the Forum and to Goldwings but tomorrow hoping to trade my Concours in on a 2008 . Is there anything in particular I should be aware of or looking out for.
Thanks in advance for any tips.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I had a 2008 and loved it. It is a lot more comfortable than a sport tourer, especially on long trips.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Having had two Concours 1000's (2002/2005) and then moved to a Honda ST1300 and now the additional Wing, I have to say that I probably should have bought the Wing in the beginning. They all were/have been great bikes but if I'm going to carry a passenger (even if only occasionally) the Wing is the one.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Having had two Concours 1000's (2002/2005) and then moved to a Honda ST1300 and now the additional Wing, I have to say that I probably should have bought the Wing in the beginning. They all were/have been great bikes but if I'm going to carry a passenger (even if only occasionally) the Wing is the one.

The Concours you showed in the pics is the Concours I thought was the best they made. The new 1400 model didn't have the same ergnomics.

The ST1300 is STILL a great bike. I wish I still had mine.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
The Concours you showed in the pics is the Concours I thought was the best they made. The new 1400 model didn't have the same ergnomics.

The ST1300 is STILL a great bike. I wish I still had mine.
Thanks, I liked the "classic" styling and if the C10's would have had fuel injection and some more electronics I would still have the 2005. I liked it a lot.
The ST isn't getting used much at all since the Wing is "new" to the garage and it will be tough to let it go. When (not often) the Russell Day Long seat, trunk, and tank bag are installed it makes for a lot of storage and a great tourer (for one, not so much for the passenger) and plenty of features.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Wings are pretty much bulletproof look at bottom make sure it wasn’t beat up, normal check for leaks. Nothing abnormally loud in sounds, they have a wine to they which is normal. Best thing to do is to take a friend that is familiar with the bike if you can... best of luck and welcome!!
Joe

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Hi all. I'm new to the Forum and to Goldwings but tomorrow hoping to trade my Concours in on a 2008 . Is there anything in particular I should be aware of or looking out for.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the Wing!

Good luck... you'll love it and make great friends on this forum.

Donnie

·
Registered
802 Posts
Welcome to the group! The main thing that comes to my mind when buying a used GL1800 is to have a Honda dealer run the VIN to confirm that the brake recall from a couple years ago has been completed. And, be sure to post a picture of your new ride. We all love to look at pictures here...!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts