GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm new to forum so allow myself to introduce myself... I'm from Loveland Ohio, 53 yrs. old, married, have ridden since my 18th birthday, march 1984. I recently purchased a new in the crate 2016 model and I've put about 1k miles on the bike. I was going to ride to work this morning and it showed a low tire pressure. I've owned two previous wings, a 2006 and 1991 and in all the years I rode those I never experienced low tire pressure on either. Living in Ohio the last week temps have been in the nineties and yesterday it did drop to 60 overnight after a high in the 70's but I wouldn't anticipate that causing my tire pressure to drop, especially since it was garaged. Tire pressure thing does have me baffled. Could this be a side effect of sitting since 2016 in the crate?
Anyway, this seems like a nice forum and if there are any riders who live close to me hit me up, I'd love to have a ride buddy as mine have left me because I traded a 2018 Heritage in for this wing.
Thanks fellas, any input would be appreciated.

·
IronMan
17,627 Posts
Welcome to wing n forum ! Plenty on ohio forum think this weekend is swap meet by columbus. As far as air pressure drop yes cold will make pressure lower !!! You say low ??? How many pounds .

Reactions: GLblinded

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Welcome from SE Idaho!!! Congrats on the new ride, ride'r safe and keep the shiny side up. :grin2: As to your TPMS, temp changes can and do cause the pressures to change, which could be enough to trigger the system to show low pressure.

·
Special Administrator "Internal Affairs" To Facili
6,943 Posts
Welcome to the forum fellow Buckeye. Come over to the Ohio board a and join us. Like Unclejohn said this weekend is our fifth annual RTE Swap-Meet in Columbus. We meet at O'Charlies on north Cleveland Ave and eat (RTE) then we ride to Iron Pony to have swap-meet. We have a lot of free door prizes. Everyone is welcome. If you can, come and join us.
Here is a link to the Swap meet. If you have any questions fell free to send me a PM.

https://gl1800riders.com/forums/44-ohio-oh/433441-2019-ohio-rte-swap-meet.html

·
Administrator
4,580 Posts
Talk about great timing......
As Boomer mentioned, the Ohio RTE/Swap meet is happening this Saturday. Come on up and join us. As far as your TPMS, can't really imagine the temp swing triggering the alarm unless it was just on the 'edge'. Mine used to do that but the temps were usually in the lower 40's. Then took a few miles and warmed up & light went off. What readings did you get when you had the warning light?
Oh, BTW, welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hello,

Anyway, this seems like a nice forum and if there are any riders who live close to me hit me up, I'd love to have a ride buddy as mine have left me because I traded a 2018 Heritage in for this wing.
Thanks fellas, any input would be appreciated.
Welcome to the forum! Lots of nice people on here, they won't turn their backs even if you happen to sell your wing someday.
(but why would anyone do that?)

Sorry to hear the your riding buddy was your bikes friend....:wrong:

Enjoy your new ride, ride safe, and post a pick when you get a chance!

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Welcome, how old are the tires? Original? Maybe check the date stamp on the sidewall and let that help your decide if new tires and stems are in your future or not. Those monitors do have a variance range and may be all your are dealing with. I’m sure you inspected them for a nail.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Welcome and congrats on your new Wing. I grew up and graduated from Blanchester in 1966, then joined the USAF in Aug 1966 and retired from there in Nov 1987. Worked for various contractors and settled in MS in 1989, and completely retired in Oct 2010. Southern OH is a beautiful area, but that cold and white stuff in the winters kept me from going back.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts