GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, this is my first message on this board. I have a new 2008 Goldwing coming, it has ABS and Nav package and Comfort Package as well. It will replace my 2004 Goldwing. My question is: Does the bike come with the AUX. input cable already wired into the left flairing pocket. I intend to add a satellite radio to it. Also is there anything I should be looking for at the time of delivery. What mileage do most folks do the first oil change at etc. My 04 had a trunk latch replacement, small antifreeze weep, and the rear suspension didnt start to preload till about #6. Are these issues common to the 08 as well? Thanks all, I have been monitering this board for a while and it is a great source of information.

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
Hello all, this is my first message on this board. I have a new 2008 Goldwing coming, it has ABS and Nav package and Comfort Package as well. It will replace my 2004 Goldwing. My question is: Does the bike come with the AUX. input cable already wired into the left flairing pocket. I intend to add a satellite radio to it. Also is there anything I should be looking for at the time of delivery. What mileage do most folks do the first oil change at etc. My 04 had a trunk latch replacement, small antifreeze weep, and the rear suspension didnt start to preload till about #6. Are these issues common to the 08 as well? Thanks all, I have been monitering this board for a while and it is a great source of information.
Welcome to the forum. I've owned an 2006 Nav bike for over 2 1/2 yrs. I'll answer what I consider accurate regardless of the model year. Every bike "should" come with an AUX input cable connected and routed through and into the left fairing pocket. I have heard other comment theirs didn't come delivered with one. At time of delivery there are some things to check for or scrutinize.
Short list: Tire pressure the last three I bought new had low pressure.
Look it over for blemishes and scratches.
Make sure they put the owners manual and tool kit in the left bag and the aux. cable in the left pocket.

When you get it home do a thorough tight fastener check.
Pull the covers check the fluids and oil level etc.
Check all lights and switches for function before you ride off.

My bike has 35000 miles on it and has never had a coolant hose leak. My shock preload still starts at 3. Just strictly as a preference I do my intial oil change on a new bike at 1K, even though Honda says not till 4K on the Wing.

·
Registered
54 Posts
My auxiliary cable and grommet were with my owners manual , and I had to install myself no big deal easy to do . Do a complete visual on the bike before you take delivery . On my bike the rubber around the mirrors were not set and I found a deep cut about 1 inch long on the back of the front fender .
I pointed these out to the dealer and they ordered me a new front fender before I left , took about 1 week for it to come in and they repaired for me , I set the rubber around the mirrors while talking with them . Also take for a test ride .

·
Registered
374 Posts
Welcome to the board.

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
Welcome
I suggest you call Electrical Connection who will set you up with what you want via Satelite radio

·
Registered
170 Posts
hi

My auxiliary cable and grommet were with my owners manual , and I had to install myself no big deal easy to do . Do a complete visual on the bike before you take delivery . On my bike the rubber around the mirrors were not set and I found a deep cut about 1 inch long on the back of the front fender .
I pointed these out to the dealer and they ordered me a new front fender before I left , took about 1 week for it to come in and they repaired for me , I set the rubber around the mirrors while talking with them . Also take for a test ride .
:bow:hey urbana ,batavia here just sayin hi........03 black rick

·
Registered
571 Posts
Welcome
I checked all my fluids when I got
home from picking it up...the only
thing low was the antifreeze...
only took a couple of cups..
No leaks 24,000 miles later

I think the dealer was going to leave the
aux wire in the owners bag..I told them
to install it..when they prepped the bike.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for the info

I will be sure to check out all the suggestions, thankyou. I live in Northern Manitoba 9 hours north of the USA/Canada border. The test ride will be out of the question for a few months yet. I had planned to go to Rotella synthetic after the first oil change. Here they charge $450.00 for set up. There should be no excuse that a new wing should ever leave the dealer not full of gas and all fluid levels topped up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts