GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone, Les from the Cumberland Highlands of Tennessee. Followed a link from another site and here I am. I started on an 84 Interstate in 1987, then an 86 Aspencade Sei found me, then a 1975 GL1000 found its way into my life. In 2009 a 20th Anniversary GL1500A satisfied my itch for an upgrade. However, by 2017 I needed to move up to another fuel injected model, when I found a brand new base model 40th Anniversary 2015.
I have rode on the street since I was 15, and for many years I owned nothing but my Gold Wing, riding year round. I do 90 percent of my own work, take my wheels off and have a shop change the tires. From experience, I just don’t trust shops.
Thanks for allowing me to join.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
137 Posts
Welcome from Mich. We don't get to ride much this time of the year but make up for it from April-November. I have found a lot of information and help when working on my bike and I am sure you will also.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Hey, Les
Welcome from SE Idaho!!! Ride safe and keep the shiny side up. :thumbup:

·
motorcycle cowboy
935 Posts
Hi Everyone, Les from the Cumberland Highlands of Tennessee. Followed a link from another site and here I am. I started on an 84 Interstate in 1987, then an 86 Aspencade Sei found me, then a 1975 GL1000 found its way into my life. In 2009 a 20th Anniversary GL1500A satisfied my itch for an upgrade. However, by 2017 I needed to move up to another fuel injected model, when I found a brand new base model 40th Anniversary 2015.
I have rode on the street since I was 15, and for many years I owned nothing but my Gold Wing, riding year round. I do 90 percent of my own work, take my wheels off and have a shop change the tires. From experience, I just don’t trust shops.
Thanks for allowing me to join.
I'm gonna assume that you mean the Cumberland Plateau?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Cumberland Plateau is east of me. I am on the western slope of the plateau, which is referred to locally as the Cumberland Highlands in order to distinguish it from being on top of the plateau. I am originally from Mount Lebanon, a suburb of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Not being born in the south, makes me a quest. Therefore the area I live now is the Cumberland Highlands of Tennessee. Lol

·
Registered
332 Posts
Welcome Les, A hearty welcome from Pa!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts