GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I purchased from a dealer a 2012 Goldwing GL1800. It's my first ever. For as long as I have been riding, I've always wanted a Honda Goldwing. I did a quick look through Craigslist and found a dealer who was selling a few of them. It only had just a tick under 15,000 miles. Now I wonder I waited so long to look for one. I have come love the cruise control, it's far too easy to exceed the speed limit beyond the 5Mph our local law enforcement allows. Anyway, I know as a new owner I'll have a bunch of questions for you kind folks in the future. All I ask is you be patient with me. Thanks. Roger

·
Registered
49 Posts
Welcome from the northern tier of PA. Your wing looks exactly like mine. Enjoy the forum and ride safe.

Reactions: Roger2561

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
Welcome from SE Idaho!!! Congrats on your new ride, I don't know why you waited so long either. :wink2: You did well, ride safe and keep the shiny side up. :grin2:

·
IronMan
17,636 Posts
Welcome to wing and forum ! Plenty good info on here . Bottom main paige is your state . Most states have "stuff" going on thru the year . Be safe n enjoy "your honda " !miles = smiles

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome, where do you live? It's nice to get a feel for the different parts of the country and the world for that matter.

Thanks for the welcome.

I live in NH. If you're at all familiar with Dartmouth College I live in small town south east of the college. It's about a 30 to 40 minute drive both ways depending on traffic.

Roger

·
Registered
867 Posts
Hi all, I purchased from a dealer a 2012 Goldwing GL1800. It's my first ever. For as long as I have been riding, I've always wanted a Honda Goldwing. I did a quick look through Craigslist and found a dealer who was selling a few of them. It only had just a tick under 15,000 miles. Now I wonder I waited so long to look for one. I have come love the cruise control, it's far too easy to exceed the speed limit beyond the 5Mph our local law enforcement allows. Anyway, I know as a new owner I'll have a bunch of questions for you kind folks in the future. All I ask is you be patient with me. Thanks. Roger
Yes, Why did you wait so long to purchase a Wing ??? :wink2::wink2::wink2:

Regarding this forum..................THIS is the pl;ace to come for any and all questions you have. No question is too small or "dumb." In fact, the ones who answer are HAPPY to help. Ask away !!!! I know because I don't know much and this site is a WEALTH of information. These guys are more than happy to help with answers/pictures/videos, etc.

Enjoy the bike and this site !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
774 Posts
Welcome neighbor.

Reactions: jlbc212

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, Why did you wait so long to purchase a Wing ??? :wink2::wink2::wink2:

Regarding this forum..................THIS is the pl;ace to come for any and all questions you have. No question is too small or "dumb." In fact, the ones who answer are HAPPY to help. Ask away !!!! I know because I don't know much and this site is a WEALTH of information. These guys are more than happy to help with answers/pictures/videos, etc.

Enjoy the bike and this site !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I only waited so long to purchase one due to other responsibilities (Priorities) and lack of money (minor detail). I can tell right away that I know I'm going to enjoy it in here. I am quickly approaching retirement and I plan on using the Wing to travel. I have 2 places on top of the list; Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island, after that maybe a trip to the Grand Canyon.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Greetings from TX. Congrats on new F6B acquisition. I too recently moved up from a Honda CTX to a bigger, smoother, and more powerful ride and absolutely love it. Only thing I’ve changed is the windshield (to an F4 Customs with vent). Happy riding!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Welcome from North Texas Roger!
I agree, cruse is nice and I'm sure it has kept many dollars in my pocket.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Greetings from TX. Congrats on new F6B acquisition. I too recently moved up from a Honda CTX to a bigger, smoother, and more powerful ride and absolutely love it. Only thing I’ve changed is the windshield (to an F4 Customs with vent). Happy riding!

One of the upgrades the previous owner installed was the windscreen with vent. Although it was hot and humid on Sunday, having that air hit me helped regarding comfort.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Welcome from music city. You will love this forum. I call it “The Opinionated Shop Manual”.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Another welcome from North Texas. With this forum, a shop manual and a set of Fred's How To disks, there's little reason to visit the dealer again unless it's to order parts.

Johnny S

·
Registered
18 Posts
Welcome to the club from North Carolina----I got my first Wing about 3 months ago and love it.

Adding some handlebar risers and testing the Dark Side of the Force soon

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Welcome from southeast Pennsylvania!

Wings came standard from 2004 - 2017 (minus the year they didn't have one 2011) with the windscreen vent. That is why I always say I got the "best" year - first year for the vent and only had two options with/without ABS (I got the ABS). A few years later you had to get a whole slew of "extras" to get ABS. UGH.

Don't feel left out that you waited for the Wing - it was my 52nd birthday gift from the wife. Yep, she is a keeper LOL.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I only waited so long to purchase one due to other responsibilities (Priorities) and lack of money (minor detail). I can tell right away that I know I'm going to enjoy it in here. I am quickly approaching retirement and I plan on using the Wing to travel. I have 2 places on top of the list; Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island, after that maybe a trip to the Grand Canyon.
Those stooopid things ( money and responsibilities ) always get in the way, don't they ??? :wink2::wink2::wink2:

I saved for almost 6 years to get my Wing. Have fun planning your trips !!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts