GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my first Goldwing, and LOVING it. I have owned most every type of 2 wheeled motor vehicle from an old Vespa scooter, back around 59 or 60, bought it second (or tenth) handed for $25 at age of 11-12, and a couple of mopeds, to HD, Kawasaki, many Honda's, even a Reflex, but this is my first 'Wing and I wish that I had just skipped all the preliminary stuff and gone ahead to the max and picked a 'Wing. c'est la vie, I guess, hindsight is almost always 20-20. I got my '07 2 weeks ago tomorrow, and have only been able to log 1,000 miles, perhaps when the weather gets better I can actually put on some miles on her. I have the comfort package and nav package. I am planning a cross country trip this spring after MB Bike week, and the "run for the wall" Memorial Day.
First to Mass. then Maine, then Illinois, and onto Oregon, back to SC, via Tennessee, and Kentucky, at least tentatively.
This appears to be a great forum, and I am sure there will be many, many, many, many ??????'s

·
Banned
4,623 Posts
What kinda questions ??

Keep gas and oil in it. It will run and run and run, like the pink bunny on the tube.

Oh, and did I tell you it will run and run and run !! 8)

·
Registered
761 Posts
Doc - Welcome and Merry Christmas. You are right about this being a great forum and whatever your question there will be someone here with an answer (usually the right one). Enjoy your new ride and ride safe. :biker:

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Congrats on the new ride and welcome to the board.

I've only had my wing since the end of June, so I'm still finding out new things all the time.

The folks here are a great bunch and can probably answer about any question you throw at them.

Dep

·
Registered
405 Posts
Welcome Doc,

You will meet some of the best people because of this board. Great friends. It is like a family

Enjoyed having you in chat also, visit any time. Hope to get to meet ya and ride some of the midland roads that are between us.

Steve

·
Squating Member
7,055 Posts
From one old fart to another, welcome to the forum....great people and lots of info here....

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Doc, Welcome to the best ole 1800 board on the net.

Come play with us in Colorado next summer when you are out enjoying the good ole US of A click here for info

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Welcome Doc. You must have started riding motorcycles about the same time I did, my first motorcycle was a 1959 JBK-100 Zundapp. And this is a great Forum to be on.

·
Dangerous Old Lady Biker
5,677 Posts
Hi Doc, welcome to the absolute best forum on the Internet and congrats on acquiring the absolute best motorcycle! Anything you want to know you will find right here...you can askt Tommy about car tires, ABBill about places to ride near you, and buy anything you need from Hal (HDL)... and thank you for your Service to our Country! ride safe and enjoy!

·
Registered
80 Posts
old Vespa scooter, back around 59 or 60, bought it second (or tenth) handed for $25 at age of 11-12, and a couple of mopeds, to HD, Kawasaki, many Honda's
Ditto - except mine was in '63 and was a Lambretta with a lawn mower throttle. Plus I had a Puch one time.

In my short time here I've learned a lot from folks who've been there done that. A great resource.

Welcome

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys (and gals) as for questions, they will most likely be bling type stuff, my honda's have all been pretty much maintenance free, except the obvious oil changes, etc. I am not very into fixing things that aren't broken, making major mods to what I already consider a great bike.
I have enough time on HD to know "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" :roll: :roll:
Several of my friends ride Yamaha cruisers. Several HD's, as well.
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
But there is only one 'Wing trike.

·
Registered
214 Posts
1958 Montgomery Ward Motor Scooter, The year 1966, the age 14, The power Contenential 3hp, top speed 35 MPH Fun Fun Fun. That was my last motorized 2 wheel ride until 2004 when I got the VTX

Elk Man

1 - 19 of 19 Posts