GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK... goldwinger in me added the cupholder first, then the trunk/tour pack.

primary use is local errands and just fun stuff. That being said... what would you do to the bike? (From a winger's perspective)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
maybe windshield? is there one for it even? Or nothing else.:shrug:
Will you ever be on it long enough at one time to need the cupholder!?;)
Do what you feel like; after all it is yours!

·
Registered
6,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You know... been so long on the wing I forgot what a regular bike feels like. I am enjoying the extra wind!

Had her almost a week now... 731 miles on the odometer now. Lil over due for break in service but the shop said not to worry about that and bring it in Monday or Tuesday.

3 gear wheelies are fun again! Best of all, the kid can reach the pegs. Love picking her up at school with it. Looking forward to doing the same with the wing.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Definately fog lights, trike kit, 3 or 4 flags and kleenex box holder. :shrug:

·
Registered
131 Posts
How about a Hi-Vis orange helmet :congrats:

Attachments

·
Registered
19,060 Posts
Loose the Kury grips add good aftermarket OFF ROAD GRIPS. If you will dual sport it add a WORKS CONNECTION SKID PLATE maybe a LIGHT GUARD and ENGINE GUARD. A windshield as a cup holder on a small dual sport would get laughs from any serious rider. But a small cc bike is for fun so do what you want and have a blast

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Doug, whats up with the wing? Did you find the noise? Or are you going to ride it until it blows up? I was out scraping pegs on the way home from Bucks house last night. Pam was behind me loving the sparks. LOL Hope you are doing well.
Kurt :thumbup:

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Looks like you're good to go DJ!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
6,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Lots of good comments... THANKS!!!

Mirrors... working on that.

Grips... I added the jury grips. Others hurt my hands too much and I have stupid miles using the kury units on the wing.

Peg dragging... can't drag pegs but do drag boots! Pegs are wicked short so only way to drag them is to lift boot off peg. Besides, the bike has Dunflop tires and they stink so I can't fully trust them to hold when leaning way over.

Don't care about so-called serious riders. I have nothing to prove. This is for my fun and running those errands where I do not want to go the 5 mile round trip on the wing.

LEDs are a must. Drive too much at night. Working on what to do there.

Going to convert signals to led's. Thinking very hard about adding running light feature to turn signals.

Fog lights... was thinking about that too.

Headlight and tail light modulators are also in planning stages.

Keeping in mind that the kid is going to be riding with me from time to time, I want all the visibility I can get.

Skid plate is prolly going to happen just for my piece of mind.

Kurt... wing is still in shop.

·
Registered
6,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Anybody add run/TURN to theirs?

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Lots of good comments... THANKS!!!

Mirrors... working on that.

Grips... I added the jury grips. Others hurt my hands too much and I have stupid miles using the kury units on the wing.

Peg dragging... can't drag pegs but do drag boots! Pegs are wicked short so only way to drag them is to lift boot off peg. Besides, the bike has Dunflop tires and they stink so I can't fully trust them to hold when leaning way over.

Don't care about so-called serious riders. I have nothing to prove. This is for my fun and running those errands where I do not want to go the 5 mile round trip on the wing.

LEDs are a must. Drive too much at night. Working on what to do there.

Going to convert signals to led's. Thinking very hard about adding running light feature to turn signals.

Fog lights... was thinking about that too.

Headlight and tail light modulators are also in planning stages.

Keeping in mind that the kid is going to be riding with me from time to time, I want all the visibility I can get.

Skid plate is prolly going to happen just for my piece of mind.

Kurt... wing is still in shop.
Doug, What are they doing to the wing? The new toy looks like fun.
Kurt :thumbup:

·
Registered
6,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Like us, they are convinced it is the drivshaft but said they have not been able to get through to Honda tech line. Bike has been sitting there for a week now. Still haven't started working on her.

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Get a 1-rail dirt bike trailer and tow it behind the Wing. If anyone asks why? Tell them it's your spare. :thumbup:

·
Registered
6,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yup... working on that. Want to get em up to the gap but now have 3 bikes to get up there so next trip might have to be with truck n trailer

1 - 20 of 24 Posts