GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new Candy Red Kruzer trailer has arrived !!!! Here are a few pics of it and Greg's Illusion Blue.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to all for the compliments. The pictures were taken at two different lakes in south west Oklahoma, the first at Lake Lugart and the second Tom Steed, both are less than 30 miles from my house. It was a great day for a ride. That was Jan 2, 04 and it was 79 degrees !!!!!!

The wheels are from American Racing.

·
Registered
8,044 Posts
Two great looking trailers. Makes extended trips so much more enjoyable.

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
gawd dang those are good lookin rigs! I mean really good looking.

The wife and I are discussing trailers now .

She travels a bit overseas and can pack a mean / lean suit case.

I am between the cargo carrier on the trailer hitch of the wing or a trailer.

I don't want to strap on a tank bag , a bag on the top of the trunk...etc. Since there is two of us on the wing I know we need the space.

S

·
0 Posts
Nice Pics...

HEY! Those trailers look familiar....

I LIKE EM! They look really nice. Almost as nice as the one I have at my home.

Too bad we couldn't have had those pictures taken with my silver setup along side the other two. Wouldn't that have been something?

You will love the way they tow and I sure have loved the one I have.

Kruzer is doing better and better all the time!

Trailer safe now! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

S

·
0 Posts
Just like I mentioned in my post... Kruzer is getting better and better all the time.

Jason is a good man. Young and learning but he has gotten his act together lately.

I have had my trailer almost a year now and pulled it more than 10k miles without a glitch.

Would I do it again? In a heart beat! :D :D :D :D :D

S

·
0 Posts
Hey Rocket...

Wonderful you are getting one. Thanks for the compliment. :)

If there is anything in the sllightest wrong or broken Jason will take care of it. He is a good young man.

You WILL be thoroughly impressed when it arrives. Wait til you see the crate!!! :shock:

LOL And wait til you try to lift it off the truck. Plan ahead... Get a fork lift or four other guys to help you. His trailer are PACKED WELL!!!! LOL

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Rich,
Hope I don't need a fork lift, or anyone for that matter. I was not informed that would be required. I was told that I would have tracking information emailed to me and that was never provided. Have no idea who the shipping vendor is and what is required of me for delivery. Contact w/ Jason has not always proven to be fruitful and I cannot be sure that it was even shipped as I was told. As you might have guessed, if I had it to do over again, I would not.

·
Registered
203 Posts
My bike and trailer the blue ones in Steve's pic. I met Steve on line while discussing trailer options and we have become good friends. As soon as he got his trailer in my wife and I hooked ours up and went to Altus to take some pics with Steve's bike and trailer.

On the question of dealing with Jason it is trying at times. I am very happy with my trailer and the paint is a dead on match. Fit and finish are great. As far as getting it anytime soon.... Well that's always the 1,000 $$ question. Jason did give me a good deal. 1000 down, free trailer hitch thrown in, get it delivered and if you like it pay the rest or send the trailer back for your 1000 back. That sounded fair to me.

Steve ordered his trailer on 3 Sep and I ordered mine on 4 Sep. My trailer was delivered on 7 Nov and Steve's arrived on the 30th of Dec.

Trying to nail down a delivery date was trying at best. Also getting the exact shipping cost was worse. Jason could not give me a shipping cost when it was actually put on the truck. I called the shipper that was getting it in the States and they first told me 1500 bucks. I said no way. They re-calculated it and said it was 550. I finally go a hold of Jason and he said it would be 349. (Original estimation on the cost when placing the order was "around 250"). On the day of delivery I called the shipper and asked for the confirmation on delivery and the cost. They gave me a cost of 155 bucks. I asked them to confirm it and they said it was right so when the driver showed up I gave him a check of 155 and said thank you. I did get my trailer in exactly four days from the day it was shipped. Steve had a longer wait.

The trailer was crated really good. No damage what so ever. I got everything I ordered with it except the wheels I ordered, but can't say the same for Steve (extra bling-bling) and I'll let him tell his story. Jason is a nice enough guy but does need to get the buisness end of it down better. All of these comments have been relayed to Jason though Steve and I. I did tell Jason that I would take a chance on his product and report my experiance if it came up.

As far as the trailer it's self I love it. It fits the wing so well, that's why I went with it. I have towed it almost a thousand miles now and all is well.

Whould I do it again? Yes, but you have to go into it knowing that it's not coming anytime soon and expect delays.

·
Registered
403 Posts
As I stated, I should have mine this coming weekend. He phoned me to say it was ready except for the wheels, which I had just chosen. He had originally told me that it would be built in January and delivered in February, so I feel fortunate. I did a lot of research prior to ordering it. There was a lot of negative and positive feedback. I spoke with previous customers all over the country. I confronted Jason with each and every negative feedback and he addressed each of them to my satisfaction. I think that, as you said, he's bust'n butt to make quality trailers but his business skills might need a little honing. I can't complain though, he's personally delivering mine and 2 more in MI at the same time with no freight charges. Hitch, wiring harness, fully loaded Grand Alexus to my doorstep for $3895 is pretty swell in my book. :D

·
Registered
203 Posts
Ken, Let us know if your trailer shows up when promised with the wheels you ordered. I picked different wheels from the selection and sites he sent me but what is on the trailer is not what I ordered. I hope you get what you ordered. The total price for my Grand Alexus minus the garment bag and kooler w/shipping was 3535 with the trailer hitch thrown in. Happy with the trailer and price.

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
Rocket Wing said:
Rich,
Hope I don't need a fork lift, or anyone for that matter. I was not informed that would be required. I was told that I would have tracking information emailed to me and that was never provided. Have no idea who the shipping vendor is and what is required of me for delivery. Contact w/ Jason has not always proven to be fruitful and I cannot be sure that it was even shipped as I was told. As you might have guessed, if I had it to do over again, I would not.
It's the shipper's responsibility to get it off the truck, so don't worry about it. You need to avoid the possibility
of you or a friend being injured trying to "help out." Inspect it right away and refuse to sign for it if it's
damaged... or, note the damage on the delivery slip before you sign for it and then file a claim with the shipper.

Fortunately, our worst fears usually don't come to pass. I'll guess that everything will be fine... but perhaps
not as quickly as you would like. :D

·
Registered
533 Posts
The trailers sure are pretty.

I would like to understand the purpose
of pulling a cargo trailer is. I've always
been too timid to ask, even when a couple
of friends have pulled theirs along on a
long trip. We weren't camping, so that
wasn't the reason. Although I can sure
see how a trailer would enable a camping-based trip.

On our trip to Nova Scotia, New Brunswick
and New England for three weeks in 2002,
two of the eight couples pulled trailers and
while they swore that they could ride as if
they weren't towing, in fact, they trailed behind
when we were in the twisties and in other
situations when you can use the prowless
of a motorcycle. They ended up in the back
and catching up at rest points or in the evening.

My wife and I have done dozens of long trips
and get by with just the three "bags", using
the luggage rack only when we buy too many
items while traveling.

We have no first hand need for a trailer, but
I am curious as to what non-camping purpose
they serve. I've seen them pulled by trikes,
so it must be more than just a little extra space.

Also, to what degree do they negatively
impact the handling?

Thanks,

·
Registered
403 Posts
I don't know Deadeye, I never pulled one either. We probably overpack, with the full bike cover, raingear, leathers and clothing. I know the trip to the Wingding, we were top-heavy and the trunk was overloaded. We're going to be gone 21 days this time and my wife loves souveneirs, so we'll probably still be overloaded with a trailer. :lol:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts