GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eek:4: It finally dried up here....no more rain!
I finally got the brand new trailer out yesterday, and took it to a friends to get it sealed up. 09 Bunkhouse.

First time I pulled a trailer with the trike. Good thing I had friends behind...light wiring on the bike (done by dealer) was all messed up....right turn on bike, left turn on trailer came on....left turn on bike...four-ways came on...OMG.

It's going back to the dealer, camper and all...better get it fixed...I leave next Friday. Hoping Rivco ships isolator quickly, also. Will get that installed while lighting gets straightened out.

Thanks for everyone's input.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Who did the install? They not only got it wrong, but never checked their work before turning it over to you. SLOPPY, SHODDY folks!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Normally, I'd say you were right about shoddy,, but in their defense, the hitch and wiring were put on last fall, and picked up the trailer in February.
No way to check it out. I've used this dealer for many bikes and farkles, and he stands behind everything. I'm sure he'll make it good...

Did check out the trailer yesterday w/ a friends bike...trailer is wired up fine.

·
Registered
10,849 Posts
:eek:4: It finally dried up here....no more rain!
I finally got the brand new trailer out yesterday, and took it to a friends to get it sealed up. 09 Bunkhouse.

First time I pulled a trailer with the trike. Good thing I had friends behind...light wiring on the bike (done by dealer) was all messed up....right turn on bike, left turn on trailer came on....left turn on bike...four-ways came on...OMG.

It's going back to the dealer, camper and all...better get it fixed...I leave next Friday. Hoping Rivco ships isolator quickly, also. Will get that installed while lighting gets straightened out.

Thanks for everyone's input.
I don't imagine that you are too happy with the Honda service department for not being able to tell left from right or emergency flashers from turn signals.

B

·
0 Posts
I'd wait for the isolator and then take it to them. Maybe give them a phone call to give a heads up on what's coming so they can make a place for you in their work schedule.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is actually the trike dealer, not Honda. He's gonna make it all right. I will wait for the isolator, he'll make time for this, he promised. That's the one nice thing about dealing with a small-town (but not small time), dealer. Customer Service means alot....

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
When I first started pulling trailers, I had a 17 cf Escapade that I pulled with my '88 GL1500. Like you I had all kinds of different lights working when I selected others. I did the installation myself.

Upon installing an isolator harness, my problems with the lights disappeared.

I had originally installed all the wires correctly, but for some reason the sensitive GL's oem wire harness was on the fritz and the ecm was selecting commands to light other lights to finction that were not desired.

I'd bet that once your isolator harness is installed, you'll see the lights operating properly.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
If you are having light problems I would not hook it up again without the isolater installed. You would be creating exactly what the isolater is there to protect the bike from. Good luck.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
isolator being installed as we speak.

Thanks everyone.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts