GL1800Riders Forums banner

New trailer help please

2K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  EarnhardtSPortsman 
#1 ·
I will be pulling new trailer for the first time. I ordered one from car repelica any info and tips would be great like what to do to keep load from shifting in a not fully loaded trailer. I know tongue weight should be 10% first trip will be about 2500 mlies.

#5 ·
I don't have shifting load issues. Hard brake and gas may shift loads but with a tiny load it makes little differance. For sure, try it out before jumping in head first. Pay attention to surroundings and you can keep yourself out of trouble. It's harder to back up, some never figure out how, poor schlups. Be aware if it is wider than the bike, it could catch on things. Drive easy and enjoy. At each hookup and regularly check for light function. Nothing worse than an idiot with trailer lights that don't work, that's an accident deserved and looking to happen. USE THE CHAINS, I don't want your trailer hitting me because you are scared. If you can't handle a jumped trailer, you have no business pulling one.

#6 ·
BIGGEST ISSUE WITH CAR REPLICAS: Be prepared to answer a LOT of questions when you stop. We have the 57 chevy and everyone wants to know what it is, does it really run,ETC.

#7 ·
:agree:...One more thing...I hope you're not camera shy. Doesn't matter if you are parked or going down the road cameras appear out of no where. We enjoy the heck out of ours; it's really an ice breaker on the road. Haven't had anything but good times with it :p

Which one did you choose?

Ride safe and don't forget to smile.

#9 ·
Thanks guy's

The bins sounds like a good idea i'll try it. What size cooler is on the 57 chevy. I ordered the funny car i have a 05 wing nova blue metallic. Car will be same color with flame coming out exhaust pipes on side, yellowish to orangeish to bright redish. I don't mind talking or people taking pic's. The grandkid's will love it.

#10 ·
That cooler came off my last Escapade trailer. When I sold it, it was less cooler package. Modified mount to work and set level on car replica tongue and works great.

#12 ·
We have used the plastic bins for years. I haul them in the house, she loads them and I pack them in the trailer according to weight. That's called definition of labor. If she left it up to me I would figure out how to get all my tools into the trailer with just enough room left for a pair of shorts for a two week trip.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.