GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started snowing today so I guess this is as good a time as any to start on the trailer project. I picked up a kit at Menards which was on sale for $148 tax free. 40" x 48" the axle width was 52" which is to wide for me. I started hacking the kit apart and narrowed everything down 10". Tappered the front of the frame as I am going to build the box in the shape of a wedge - I also picked up some 1-1/4" pipe for exhaust headers and a 57 chevy hood ornamant for the top. It may take more pictures to explain that one. I am putting a web page together to document progress as it happens. www.mnwingers.com/nkwing/1800/trailer I have more pictures posted and the site is set to open browse for now.

OH BTW no I am not a certifed welder and did not have the welds magnaflux tested but did call NASA for advice and a video :eek: - I will have to take my chances :wink:

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
might I suggest a 7014 rod. It puts down a nice weld even if you don't understand "Welding 101" or you are not a "certifed" welder.

one more suggestion, get some ordinary liquid hand soap and 'paint' the area around the weld effect zone, this will keep 'spatter' from sticking to areas you don't want splatter to stick to~~~~ok, that was just redundent ?? sorry

any way, happy welding :D :D :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Good guess - I am using 7014 rod. Actually I have been melting metal with fire for quite some time - Arr Arr Arr.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Lucky Phil said:
jmac00 said:
welp ya don't need me then :D

BTW: your avatar is making me dizzy, LOL, :D :D :D :D :D :D
Hey, Pardner...if his avatar is makin' ya dizzy, shoot his tires with yer sixguns. :lol: :lol: :lol:

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I don't know why I did'nt think of that :D :D :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts