GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my new Americas Best AMT XL Diamond today. The previous owner of the bike had installed a flat 5 connector. My trailer is a flat 4 connection.Can someone please tell me what is the simplest resolution to getting my lights working. I am also planning on adding some side running lights.

Thanks

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
I would rewire the bike side, but some are going to say rewire the trailer..:shrug:

A 5 to 4 converter on the bike is easy to do, but relighting the trailer can be a little more work, and wire.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I would rewire the bike side, but some are going to say rewire the trailer..:shrug:

A 5 to 4 converter on the bike is easy to do, but relighting the trailer can be a little more work, and wire.
I agree with this but not all 5 to 4 converters work for some reason. I have found that the one from Electrical Connections works after a lot of trips to Auto Zone and Wal Mart were wasted time and money.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I picked up my new Americas Best AMT XL Diamond today. The previous owner of the bike had installed a flat 5 connector. My trailer is a flat 4 connection.Can someone please tell me what is the simplest resolution to getting my lights working. I am also planning on adding some side running lights.

Thanks
I went through two of the U-Haul convertors wth no luck. The built in test lights did not show current through the convertors. After much frustration I decided to convert the 5 flat connector on the bike wiring to a 4. This left me with running and brake lights without turn lights. Not sure what to do from this point. It looks as though these convertors are a pain in the butt.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts