GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,940 Posts
Good on ya!

You'll be happy. In case you haven't read some of the threads before, you might want to get the tire balance checked and improved if necessary. Some of us have added a swivel to the hitch. My not be necessary, but it seemed like a good idea.
You'll enjoy having the trailer. You'll probably notice that the wife is not the only one who will be taking some extra stuff. :lol:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Ditto that. I love having the trailer for overnight and longer trips. Wing really pulls a trailer nice. I have seem some wings pulling some monster trailers too.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Bought the MCTXL the past April. We are very pleased with it and have received many compliments. I added 3-way Hyper-Lites a couple of months ago to the top rear corners because the trailer stock LEDs get washed out pretty bad by direct sun shining behind. Solved the problem. I also added a swivel coupler when I bought it and laid Lowe's short nap carpet to the floor. I bought a set of wheel bearings from Dexter, packed, and vacuum-sealed them and store them in the trailer right next to the spare tire/rim. (Maybe a tad overkill but gives me piece-of-mind)

You'll enjoy it. Never know it's back there!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts