GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my new trailer Sat. morning. It came in the crate. I hauled it home and than assembled it today.

I cannot get it out of garage for pictures cause of the ice and snow still in the driveway. :evil:

Heck, I could not even make the turns in the garage so I could pull it around :)

I think I am going to like it. It is bigger than I thought it would be though. My other one was a 18 cu. ft. Starlight. Now I will be able to haul the camping gear that I want to along with anything the wife wants to purchase on the way...... :D :D

·
Registered
276 Posts
Nice rig.

Don't forget to plug in the lights before you head out (if the snow ever melts). :lol:

·
Registered
47 Posts
You'll love it, I love mine. Pulls very well and it follows very the last time I made a run up Highway 7 in Northern Arkansas. Don't feel bad about the weather there, it's not been very good in North Texas this year either. I've ridden twice since the first of the year. Last winter I rode the bike to work at least 10 days per month in the winter.

·
Registered
279 Posts
What did you like about the Escapade over the Bushtec???. Both pull and look great when attached to a GL1800.

·
Registered
132 Posts
WOW, that is one good looking trailer!. I've never been one to pull a trailer, but that one looks fantistic. You may convert me. Let us know how you like it when things warm up. :yw1:

·
Registered
218 Posts
I agree with the above comments about how you're going to enjoy the Escapade. I like mine and the folks at the plant in Virginia are super people to deal with. Enjoy!!

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Ross,

No such thing as too big. Sure is a nice looking set up. I envy you. Maybe someday when I get rich...LOL

The best of luck with the new trailer Ross.

Bulldog

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Beautiful, but have one other question. You have a wife and the garage has all that spare room in there? How do you do it!!!

·
Registered
824 Posts
You'll love having it. And in Candy Orange! It don't get no better!!

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was asked why I purchased a Escapade over a Bushtec?

I guess I just liked the looks of the Escapade a little better. They are both quality trailers, but I just liked the Escapade.

One other thing that threw me about the Bushtec was the tires. I know I can always get the tire that is on the Escapade at almost any where I am. The tire on the Bushtec is not that readily available.

I was actually happy with the Starlight trailer for the service I got from it. I pulled it for over 5,000 trouble free miles last year. The only thing I had against it was the tires and size. 18 Cu. Ft. proved to not be big enough for what I wanted to haul. I have to make sure and make it as comfy for the wife as possible cause her idea of camping is A Holiday Inn with room service. :) So I had to haul heater, fan, air mattress and a few other things to keep her riding with me. I don't mind it as I really want her to go along.

G

·
Ross,

Mighty fine looking setup...

There are many trailers around and only you can make the decision on which one you want. I am sure you made the right decision for you and don't let anyone tell you that you made a mistake.

Very nice. Glad fer ya!

Pull it gently and have a fun time. (shhhh... Save room for the wife's stuff)

G

·
Ross,

I forgot to mention something very important...

Did you get the bra for the front? If not please do yourself a big favor and get one or at least something to protect the front. The rear wheel really picks up rocks and will chip it badly. Trust me I know... Then there is the little rocks and dirt flying up from oncoming traffic.

FWIW is all. Sure is a nice looking setup.

Rich

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I got the bra and also mudflaps. I am waiting for a little more warmth before I put them on. It was only about 20 deg. in the garage when I took it off the pallet and assembled it. I just could not wait any longer. :) The owners manual states not to put the bra on and leave it for at least 90 days after the paint has dried and set up harder.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Ross,
Great looking trailer-Gary will be jealous when he sees the picture. If you decide to pull it to California, let us know so we can meet you and Joyce. Gary has been trying to talk Rich (see above) out of his trailer for months, but he just won't give it up!
Mikey

·
Registered
152 Posts
That's a great trailer. I have a Wineberry that matched my '90 1500. I will have to have repainted to match my "02 Silver Metallic. I would have preferred to sell it for the difference & buy a new one to match. Another project for the next few months. I hope that I can get a paint job as good as the current one!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts