GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just returned from Midwest Custom Cycle Work in Evansville, IN where I had my forks rebuilt and had Traxxion springs installed to replace OEM's. Paul is a standup guy. I arrived at his place abut 3:30 PM and was on the road headed home before & 7 PM a very happy customer Indeed. He was very thorough, took his time and would have been done sooner if not for the conversation with me and a friend of his(very enjoyable)

After talking to Paul, I settled on the Traxxion l.l spring set. What a difference over stock(53K) I am most pleased with the job and wish I would have done it sooner. The handling, feel and ride is so much better than OEM. New bushings, seals, oil and traxxion springs. He also disabled the Anti dive system. Heck when Paul got finished the forks look like new and ride way better than new. Wow what a difference it makes. It was a pleasure watching a craftsman work and well worth the trip. My 600 mile ride home was fun for sure. I got a big bang for my buck.

Thought I would share my good experience.

Fred

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
After talking to Paul, I settled on the Traxxion l.l spring set. What a difference over stock(53K) I am most pleased with the job and wish I would have done it sooner. The handling, feel and ride is so much better than OEM. New bushings, seals, oil and traxxion springs. He also disabled the Anti dive system. Heck when Paul got finished the forks look like new and ride way better than new. Wow what a difference it makes.
Had the same thing done at Traxxion in Woodstock last September (dont need the full monte). If you haven't already done it, you might want to consider adding the Traxxion fork brace. You might notice an even bigger difference... :thumbup:

·
Registered
814 Posts
Had the same thing done at Traxxion in Woodstock last September (dont need the full monte). If you haven't already done it, you might want to consider adding the Traxxion fork brake. You might notice an even bigger difference... :thumbup:

I just had Traxxion in Woodstock GA put on the springs in the front and the new shock. I put on the Kury II fork brace myself because of the looks of the chrome on the bike (hope it wont peel) and the price. I met Max and they even had the welcome sign out for me....Mike and the crew are a great bunch to do business with. It all started with a test ride of the Traxxion Wing ;)

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Had the same thing done at Traxxion in Woodstock last September (dont need the full monte). If you haven't already done it, you might want to consider adding the Traxxion fork brace. You might notice an even bigger difference... :thumbup:.
:agree: As much difference as the front and rear traxxion mods made, I was amazed at how noticable the change was when I later added the fork brace. I love to get non-Goldwing riders on my bike. They are always astonished at how it handles, especially in the twisties.

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
:agree: As much difference as the front and rear traxxion mods made, I was amazed at how noticable the change was when I later added the fork brace.
I actually added the fork brace first, and really noticed a big difference. Then when I had the springs done, the difference wasn't quite as huge as I expected from listening to others. Personally, I think the Traxxion fork brace is the best deal out there for a low cost suspension upgrade. :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
I actually added the fork brace first, and really noticed a big difference. Then when I had the springs done, the difference wasn't quite as huge as I expected from listening to others. Personally, I think the Traxxion fork brace is the best deal out there for a low cost suspension upgrade. :thumbup:

Every time I read these posts it costs me $ :lol:

·
Registered
21,053 Posts
i was reluctant to spend the money on a fork brace but when i finally did wow it is definitely a worthwhile investment :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Fred...the Kury Gen II is the best bang for the buck. Five piece design, simple to install and comes with bug deflectors. $159 on Ebay.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I did not have the stem bearings replaced as that was not in the budget at this time. The OEM's appear to be ok and I have not had a problem with the dreaded wobble. Like I said earlier I thing the Fork Brace is next on the list of suspension upgrades. I have a new trike takeoff rear Shock assembly on the shelf. I wonder when the OEM should be replaced.

I must admit I have been a skeptic of upgraded springs in the past as OEM's seemed ok to me, but did say that when it ws time to replace OEM springs I would try an upgrade. I'm always learning.

Fred

·
Registered
19,316 Posts
Traxxion full monty with Centramatic

NICE:thumbup:

·
Registered
489 Posts
Traxxion full monty with Centramatic

NICE:thumbup:

I'm with Laen on this one!