GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RECIEVED THIS REPORT FROM OUR PRAYER CHAIN...NEVER HEARD OF THIS BEFORE...WILL TRY AND FIND OUT WHAT TYPE OF TRIKE IT WAS...THANKS FOR THIER PRAYERS...THUNDERWING

Sent: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 11:08 pm
Subject: URGENT PRAYER REQUEST

Hey everyone, Some of you don't know yet that Scott and Lynette were in an accident today during a fellowship run. Their new trike "came apart" as the back wheels came off while they were driving about 55 mph. Both were airlifted to Halifax Hospital in Daytona. Scott has 6 broken ribs, a broken collar bone and multiple abrasions. Lynette is still in surgery to repair her multiple compound fractures in both legs. Please lift them up to our God the great Healer. Updates to come after Kathy sees them both tomorrow, thanks for prayers, try to pass on to family and friends, as many prayer chains as possible. We love them so much and know they will appreciate your loving prayers on their behalf. KarenBrothers & Sisters,

Last report we had on Lynette. They have stabilized Lynette as much as they can tonight. They straightened her legs, but they are waiting for the swelling to go down before they put pins in. She possibly
has 2 or 3 minor fractures in her back, at the moment they think these might heal on their own. Please see below for Scott's injuries. Thank you for lifting Scott & Lynette up in your prayers. Please continue
to ask the Great Physician for his loving touch & mighty healing...Amen.

God Bless you,
Erika & Mike Pea****

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Prayers for their speedy recovery.

Somebody is gonna be on the wrong end of a lawsuit.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Prayers sent for Scott & Lynette from Illinois.

Jerry & Sharon

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
:eek:4:

·
Registered
809 Posts
Prayers already sent!
As to who built the trike or installed the trike, I sure you have wondered why they tell you to retorque your lugnuts after some many miles. Now you know! Because it can turn out this way.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
While we do not know Scott and Lynette , our GOD knows them. They will be be in our prayers, as well as Beverly.

Wayne

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Prayers for a speedy and FULL recovery for Scott & Lynette.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
What can you say? I certainly hope they recover and things go well for them.

Kit

·
Registered
149 Posts
After reading about the rear tires. I went out and re-torque mine. you never can be to careful.not a good way to start out on a new trike. Hope for a speedy recover.

·
Banned
2,618 Posts
Before I take off for Florida next week, am definitely going to re-torque my lugs. Prayers sent from NC. Hope to get updates on type of trike and their recovery progress.

Ken

·
Registered
139 Posts
Our prayers r with Scott & Lynette from Bob and Linda in Palm Coast, FL.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Wish both a speedy recovery.

We had a couple of MT conversions come through here last summer. One of them complained about a rough ride. Checking the lugs, he found one wheel so loose that the threads on the lug bolts were damaged. He spent two days waiting for replacement lug bolts. He had picked up his MT conversion two days before in Texas.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Scott and Lynette, you are in our prayers. We pray for healing.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Certainly we will be keeping them in our thoughts and prayers!! Heres to a complete and speedy recovery!!

As someone who currently has their bike in the shop getting a conversion done, this is very unnerving. How common is this and how does one prevent this from happening?!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts