GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D My 03 1800 is at the trike shop being triked as I type. Hope to have it Saturday or Monday. I have ridden two wheelers since I was 14 years old, and probably have over a million miles under my belt. I am 60 now and thought it was time to go to three wheels. This will be my first trike, and it is a '07 CSC kit. My choice of CSC is the engineering, stability, ride, and looks. Thanks for listening, I just had to brag a little.

Mike

·
Registered
42 Posts
Congradualations,and may you have an other 1,000,000 miles under your belt :D

·
Squating Member
7,056 Posts
Congrats, you'll like the CSC kit....I too liked the looks the best...

Did you get the aux fuel tank????

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Congrats., I know you are going to like it.

Turning 60 in May was the impetus I needed to trike. So I can empathize w/ you.

Gettin' old is great, aint it??

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
What took you so long??? I've had a trike since 1998 and I was only 48 at the time. Still ride two wheels also, but LOVE my trike!! Much rather travel on it and out run the 2 wheelers on the twisties!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
New Trike

Thanks for your replies, OREGUN STEVE, and WHISKERYGOOFY.
And MomaChicken I don't really know why I waited so long to get a trike. I guess I just did not want to give up the two wheel lean. I will have to learn how to ride all over again.

cajunwinger

B

·
0 Posts
Congrats Cajunwinger. Like the rest of us, you'll love it. When you start out, be careful unless you have ridden trikes a lot, 'cause it is different. It took me a few thousand miles to get used to it but now it's second nature.

I was going to ask about the aux tank but I see you didn't get it.

I do hope you get the EZ-steer. But that's EZ to add later, the tank isn't.

What color do you have?

OH, and be sure to cast your vote on the trike poll. Champion is 3 up on us right now.

http://www.gl1800riders.com/forums/view ... hp?t=64542

·
Registered
9 Posts
No more 2 wheeler

Hey guys - - - Just turned 80 last month and if it were not for the 16 2" screws and 14" rods holding my back together since last May I would still be on my 2 wheeler. Triked out my 04 Wing last month. Able to do 300 miles and then lthe snow came. Don't give up. See you on the road. gotta lot of miles to cover this year - - - the ole geezer :yes:

·
Dangerous Old Lady Biker
5,677 Posts
Welcome to triking!! You will love it and you did choose wisely!!! I was 47 when I bought my trike...have we done an age of triker poll?

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Congratulation CajunWinger!!

I just got my CSC at the in of October '06, now that I have almost 5,000 miles on it I'm getting real use to it. Bottom line, take your time and get use to the new method of riding.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Welcome to the rookies. My husband and I just bought our trike in October and are truly having a blast, even since winter finally arrived a couple of weeks ago.

We have a CSC as well. Love the look of the clean lines. Got EZ steer, heel-toe shifter, ground effects, risers on the handlebars, luggage rack and Navi. Even with Gary's back problems, it's smooth riding all the way! 1500 miles and counting through the winter!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all the posivive comments from you guys, and gals on the trike board. My bike is an 03 silver with 57k miles. I did get the power steering, and the ground effects and the new light light bar for the rear.
By the way I am sixty and one half years young.

Come "pass a good time" with us at the Louisiana District Rally in Lafayette, LA. The Dates are April 12, 13, and 14th. "Pass a good time" means Cajun dancing, eating crawfish, and having a good time for all.
Many vendors will be there.

Mike/cajunwinger :lol:

·
Registered
255 Posts
Cajunwinger, congratulations, you will love it :D

·
Registered
238 Posts
Congratulations Cajunwinger! I'm looking forward to my CSC delivery (probably two or three weeks yet - I think there are still two ahead of mine on the build schedule). I'm not sure if it is better to be waiting on delivery versus having it in the garage and can't ride it due to the weather. Oh well, maybe by the time it is ready the weather will have improved here in Southeast Iowa. :eek:

·
Registered
255 Posts
Rid'nrandy said:
Congratulations Cajunwinger! I'm looking forward to my CSC delivery (probably two or three weeks yet - I think there are still two ahead of mine on the build schedule). I'm not sure if it is better to be waiting on delivery versus having it in the garage and can't ride it due to the weather. Oh well, maybe by the time it is ready the weather will have improved here in Southeast Iowa. :eek:
I can answer your question, it is better to have it in the garage and not be able to ride because of the weather :D At least you can look at it and sit on it :D Oh, yeah, congratulations on the up and coming trike :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts