GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning to be a CSC trike owner. Can't find exactly what I want for a fair price. Will either buy a new bike, ride it a few months, then trike it or just buy a new trike, if I find one. Not sure if there are any cost advantages to just buying a new trike
Want a 2012, 2013, or 2014 Level 3, CSC Viper, Red.

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
You'll really like Triking.
Keep us posted.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I am planning to be a CSC trike owner. Can't find exactly what I want for a fair price. Will either buy a new bike, ride it a few months, then trike it or just buy a new trike, if I find one. Not sure if there are any cost advantages to just buying a new trike
Want a 2012, 2013, or 2014 Level 3, CSC Viper, Red.
We bought a '12 with the CSC Viper kit from Dodd in Hayleyville, AL. Traded an '08 with 111K miles . Got what we thought was a good deal. If yours is low milage they will trike yours.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Trike

It will cost more to buy a new bike and have it triked. I was at Honda of Russellville AR Saturday and they had about 30 new trikes and 10 used ones. People come from all over the U.S. to buy from them. I don't know if it's the price or the selection that attracts so many customers. They will make a deal over the internet with you. They had CSC, Roadsmith, Hannigan and a new one to me called a Eurotrike.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I bought my 2012 CSC Viper new from Shawnee Honda in Oklahoma over the phone. I got a fantastic deal. Saw what I wanted online and called them and made my offer. They finally agreed to it and I drove up from Houston spent the night in a motel right next door to them and rode it back the next day.
It was almost 500 miles back and by the time I got home I loved it!
They have a huge showroom and they are a good company to do business with. I would buy from them again.
Good luck!

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cost for a new 2012 Level 3 is $21,500.
Cost of CSC Viper kit with ground effects and extra fuel tank is $11,200.
Cost to install trike kit is what I don't have a number for, yet. Any ideas??

·
Banned
1,141 Posts
Cost about 13/14 hundred dollars depending on who does it or what the kit mfg wants dealer to charge. Did he quote you a price for paint?????? It usually costs around the same as installation again the same applies as install.

It cost me 1400.00 for install and same for paint on my new trike. Roger

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
CSC advertises $995 for color matched paint.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Cost for a new 2012 Level 3 is $21,500.
Cost of CSC Viper kit with ground effects and extra fuel tank is $11,200.
Cost to install trike kit is what I don't have a number for, yet. Any ideas??
Times are changing, competition is keen. You have there 32,700 plus you will have shipping on the kit(unless figured in already) and sales tax. Of course sales tax is there on it all whatever option is taken.

When you order a kit, buy a bike then it takes time and something always delays the game. The kit may have something missing or the shell may be scratched or broken, whatever. Then you have to sort through installers and wonder if you did the right thing.

I see Shawnee Honda mentioned, there are various Honda dealers scattered across this nation that sell the complete trikes all brand new for 32K to 36K depending on options desired. They are making the retail profit off the kit, but dropping installation cost. Works out about the same, but when all said and done that route will generally be somewhat cheaper than the bike and kit situation. Plus those shops install the kits all the time, so they are quite sharp on that and mistakes will be small and nothing major.

There is also the used option if you wish to go that way.

On my new Trike I went the kit direction and my cost was only the price of the kit.(My own used 2008- No installation cost at all. This is becoming common and they I am sure pay a bit less for the kit, but you pay the same as the retail price listed for whatever brand kit you decide upon. That is their only profit. The only thing forgotten on mine was the toe warmer cable, and that took about 15 minutes to fix. The shop I went with has already this year installed close to 35 kits so they are sharp on it. Sorry they do not do CSC. Their specialty is Motor Trike, with a few Roadsmith. It was a one week road trip, two days at the shop to install the kit, of course I went here and there, and not directly home. But a good team who knows what they are doing it is a two day operation, with no error to speak of.

Happy shopping........

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not many trikes with Level 3 wings. Is ABS not seen as a viable option? My previous 2008 was a Level 3 and ABS saved my ass a few times.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Not many trikes with Level 3 wings. Is ABS not seen as a viable option? My previous 2008 was a Level 3 and ABS saved my ass a few times.
I believe that is the saga of the GPS, the package deal situation. To get ABS you pay mucho money for the useless GPS. So to stay competitive most are constructed on base units without ABS.

That situation has plauged the buyer forever with Honda. To get ABS you have to pay the package price.

You would just have to discuss with a dealer the extra cost, versus the buy the bike and the ABS kit option. Which is a good point.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Also depends on the kit chosen if ABS is retained, like Roadsmith - they disable ABS and who wants their GPS, External GPS gives many more options. So buy cheaper level bike and use that savings else where!!

More decisions....

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Also depends on the kit chosen if ABS is retained, like Roadsmith - they disable ABS and who wants their GPS, External GPS gives many more options. So buy cheaper level bike and use that savings else where!!

More decisions....
Thinking about purchasing a 2012 out of state and then bringing it to local Honda dealer to have a CSC kit installed. Was looking at a Hannigan but there are no local Hannigan dealers in Louisiana....not good for warranty issues. Local dealer can't get a 2012 and I like the two tone paint scheme on a 2012 better than the 2013 or 2014.

·
Registered
321 Posts

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Trike

Good luck with your search for a new ride. I'm sure you will find what you want. Will be locking for pictures. Be safe and enjoy the ride. Larry

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Forget lowest price, look for the best CSC dealer, they most likely won't be the lowest price, but you'll get a good build with a lot less problems down the road. Dealer's that low ball on price will cut corners on the build.

You'll soon forget how much you paid for the trike, but you have to live with the results for years.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Old News - may never happen.... best I've seen is a artist rendering!! Long way from a rolling and riding Trike for a couple of years of promises .....

Not worth discussing..... Phantom Raptor ...... right!!

·
Registered
633 Posts
Thinking about purchasing a 2012 out of state and then bringing it to local Honda dealer to have a CSC kit installed. Was looking at a Hannigan but there are no local Hannigan dealers in Louisiana....not good for warranty issues. Local dealer can't get a 2012 and I like the two tone paint scheme on a 2012 better than the 2013 or 2014.

I see on a different post you talk about getting a bike from Southern Honda Powersports. I do not know if you are aware of they are now a Hannigan dealer/installer and that retains the ABS you are looking for. I know they where doing a White 2012 last week for a floor model but do not know what level the bike was.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts