GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just rode home on my new Hannigan. Had my '08 ABS converted. It will take some getting used to on the curves but I think I will like it. It's great on the super slab. I know my wife will like it as she can't ride far on the back of the Harley because of arthritic hip.
I went with Hannigan because of keeping the ABS and comments on this forum.
CStanley of Middleburg, PA did the conversion and was great to work with. The only disappointment was that Hannigan no longer delivers the trike kit with Michelin tires. It comes with Kumho tires. I think this compromises the comfort of the ride.
Thanks for all the info.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I am happy in your place, so be carefull and have a lot of funn on your trike.....:yes1::thumbup:

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Congrats to you and your wife. You both will love it. Ride safe and yep, post up some pics.:thumbup:

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
:congrats:

You will get use to it soon, and the fun starts...

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
:congrats:

May u have many smile miles.

·
Registered
243 Posts
:congrats: to you and your wife. She's going to like the ride of the Hannigan.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Hannigan

Your wife will love the Hannigan. It is a very smooth ride we had our trike in November of last year and have around 4000 on it so far. You will love it on the interstate and when you are on a hill with at turn to make. It takes about 500 miles to get use to the difference. JMO

Sonney

·
Registered
560 Posts
:congrats: on your new toy :thumbup: Enjoy many safe ;)miles

·
Registered
889 Posts
Badger,

Congratulations on your new trike. You got a good one! I hope it works out well for you ... just give yourself time to get used to it and you will love it, I'm thinking!

Sonney, that's one fine lookin' ride you have there. Of course, I might be just a tiny bit predjudiced about the gold ones!!! That's a great picture of you and the machine.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Hannigan Trike

I Hanniganized my 2009 GL1800 also. Took about three rides and I was converted to the new trike riding mentality. My SO immediately noticed the better ride from the 2-wheeler. I also got the same tires you got. I have 20k miles on them and they show maybe half wear.

·
Registered
249 Posts
:congrats: as well. I have about 5 months on my 08 ABS Hannigan conversion. I love it, and more importantly, my wife loves it. I've got the same tires - no complaints, but like you was expecting Michelins. The more I ride it, the more I get used to it and like it.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Congrats, have fun and be safe! Charley:congrats:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts