GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!
As with many of the newbies to this site, I also have enjoyed cruising around this site, reading and learning about trikes and triking. My husband and I are new to the adventure since this past October, when we took delivery of a brand new 2006 gold CSC Trike. He had ridden a Honda 90 in high school and had always teased me about riding together. I had never entertained such thoughts until he introduced me to the concept of a trike. And the rest, as they say, was history. We both took the MSF Basic course and we both passed. I'm rather proud of myself for that, as I had never been on a motorcycle in my life before that. Now we fight (friendly-like) about who's driving! And are we having fun! The cold weather doesn't deter us, though I must admit we've been really lucking out, as the weather here hasn't been too severe (yet)!

We're looking forward to planning day trips down to Horse Country, or maybe Brown County in Indiana, and anything else we can think of. As our first longer trip, we're even considering riding to Honda Homecoming.

I'm looking forward to chatting with you all (and to hopefully get these pictures to post right) and maybe even getting a chance to meet and ride!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Welcome aboard. :D

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Welcome. You will meet some great folks on this site.

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
Welcome to the board, I'm just 45 miles south of you guys.....Morton's do you trike??? That's where mine was installed.

Ride safe

:D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi KYBLUE!
As a matter of fact he did! Nice guy and a good job. We took the class at his school, and since we were pretty new to everything, gave us some Triking 101 in Papa John's Cardinal Stadium when we took delivery. I was lurking watching your excitement as you got your beautiful "Big Blue" and thinking, we were the same way in October.

Thanks for writing - we'll talk again. Got to get to work.

B

·
0 Posts
Jane & Gary aka GoJo,

Welcome to the board and especially the trike family. Just like the rest of us, a whole new world of fun is opening up to you.

I don't know your situation, work wise, but take a look at:
http://www.cats-cade.org/
and give some thought to going.

I'm sure that before June, you'll meet the KYBLUEs. They and we are riding to Cats-Cade together. You could go with us. We'd love to have you and you'd have a great time and get to meet a lot of the folks you've been reading and will be talking to here.

But you have to decide soon if you want to stay at the Headquarters Hotel. It's filling up fast. Of course you can always stay around the corner.

Great to have you "On Board"

BTW - Have you cast your vote for CSC on the trike poll?

·
Registered
589 Posts
Jane and Gary, here is a simple solution to who gets to drive and who rides b!tch. Buy another trike. That worked for us. LOL

·
Registered
151 Posts
Welcome aboard. We've been triking about a year now and don't regret the switch from 2 to 3 wheels.

Hope you enjoy it as much as we do.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Welcome Jane. Glad to have you on the board.

Larry

·
Registered
167 Posts
Welcome my wife and I have the same discussion on who is driving ,actually she has more miles on the trike than I do. We have only had ours a little longer Sept and many smiles :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
To Beastie -
I thought about casting my vote last night, but was unsure about to do it. But tonight I just dove on in. The CSC vote is cast!

Thanks for your kind offer on the Cats-Cade. I went up on the site and it looks like lots of fun! But New York is a little further than we were thinking for our rookie year. But we'll certainly keep it in mind. Maybe we can get together for some shorter rides. And yes, we're still working folks. (Somebody's got to pay for this little adventure!) We keep kidding ourselves that we can't even think the "R" word (retirement) at the rate we're going! But we are having fun, and we're doing our part to keep the economy going!

Whew! - that picture got a little big on me. Maybe I'll work on that after supper.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts